Dodge Challenger Forum banner

13401 - 13420 of 13487 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Took my 18 Scat Pack out for a 25 mile ride. Did the same with my 69 Charger but only went about 18 miles. All of the car events that I attend on weekends have been canceled. Only thing to do is drive solo, just to enjoy the ride. Nice thing is that traffic is unusually light and 80 mph is the derigueur on the freeways in So Cal.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Took my 18 Scat Pack out for a 25 mile ride. Did the same with my 69 Charger but only went about 18 miles. All of the car events that I attend on weekends have been canceled. Only thing to do is drive solo, just to enjoy the ride. Nice thing is that traffic is unusually light and 80 mph is the derigueur on the freeways in So Cal.
Pics of the ‘69 please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is what I did as well except I traveled about 300 miles or 150 miles in each direction. It felt good to get out and about as I have been stir crazy lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Applied some Surf City Garage Beyond Black Pro tire dressing to the tires and drooled over it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well clean it's not I have a speeding ticket back in 03&05 and a few defense driving on my record so I need to call the dmv to ask cuz the number for the ticket was no help plus the price they gave me was like 100 more then the one I saw online

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
03 & 05 I think you’re ok? I believe they go back 5 years? It’s all about the money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Now that I have the CAI on it...sounds awesome!
I took the hood scopes and dremel tooled out the back...
I know it wont do anything much..if anything at all...
It is nice to know the damn hood scopes actually work haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got my Trackhawk tips today.

The install was super easy. The hardest part was taking off the old tips. After loosening the clamps with a 13mm socket the old tips were on there good but a quick pry with a wooden handle and they popped right off. You can see the clamp you have to loosen in this pic.

The new tips look so much better than the old ones (I love the staggered look) and they also sound much better (more echo and rumble). They are a tiny bit bigger than the stock ones so it looks like the heat shield on them almost touches the lower bumper but there is actually about 1/8th inch space so I do not foresee that being an issue. I could lower them a smidge but I think they look better up snug.

Here are some before and after pics.

IMG_1234.jpg
IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1241.jpg

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
360 Posts
Went for 1/2 hour ride. Car and I have been cooped up all week so felt good to stretch our legs.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
177 Posts

View attachment 989925

The install was super easy. The hardest part was taking off the old tips. After loosening the clamps with a 13mm socket the old tips were on there good but a quick pry with a wooden handle and they popped right off. You can see the clamp you have to loosen in this pic.

View attachment 989926

The new tips look so much better than the old ones (I love the staggered look) and they also sound much better (more echo and rumble). They are a tiny bit bigger than the stock ones so it looks like the heat shield on them almost touches the lower bumper but there is actually about 1/8th inch space so I do not foresee that being an iOTE="TheYankeeMarshal, post: 8557968, member: 251052"]

View attachment 989925
Looks good. They look bigger in person than they do in pics imo
Really like mine too but wish the stagger was just a little bit less than it is.
Still looks good though.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Nothing wrong with a 318. I had a '70 318 with a 600 Holley, Performer intake, medium lope cam, and long tubes in a '72 Challenger 3 speed stick. It would smoke my buddies new '96 Mustang GT.

good read --- Chrysler 318 Engine - Popular Hot Rodding Magazine - Hot Rod
someone asked what was under the hood, I replied, I did not say anything one way or the other. I had a car with a "Beefed up" 360. It was fun, sounded good but was not a "Muscle Car" by any means.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
833 Posts
Went for 1/2 hour ride. Car and I have been cooped up all week so felt good to stretch our legs.
I decided to go to a friend’s house and utilize his shop to rotate the tires on my RAM 4500. The daughter decided she’d go hang out.....a whopping .4 of a mile drive from home.

While she sat in a chair, watching me work, I asked if watching me work was as fun as watching paint dry. She indicated she was bored.

So.......I asked her why she wasn’t out busting bugs in the Challenger? Enough said.....she bolted up, walked home, then, about 20 minutes later, I heard her leave our subdivision. She wound up in Somerset, KY.......about 65 miles from home.

I think the Challenger was well worked, based on what I heard when she left our subdivision. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
177 Posts
Lol, I hate snow. One winter in Councel Bluffs Iowa was enough. Couldn't wait to leave.

13401 - 13420 of 13487 Posts