Dodge Challenger Forum banner

14101 - 14120 of 14291 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Today I got a OEM SRT 392 catback (local find) installed on my RT Shaker! My mechanic had to make a few adjustments but no cutting and kept the exhaust valve open. Love it!

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A
18 Posts
Interesting didn't think the SRT performance spoiler would fit on anything before 2015. Did you have do any drilling?
No didnt have to drill anything. It's not a OEM spoiler I think he said it was a duriflex or something. It's on there with the 2 factory nuts on each end and 3M tape.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,511 Posts
I put my seats back in, I had taken the passenger seat and rear seats out last fall to lighten things up for the drag strip. Then because of weather problems I didn't make it to the strip before they closed for the winter. So I figured I'd just store it for the winter with out the seats and catch the drag strip when it opened in the spring. Except covid happened and the tracks didn't open in the spring. Finally last week I got to the track and now I can finally put the interior back in. So I've just been driving it around as a one seater for the last few months lol.

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Registered
430 Posts
Front license plate delete per Ohio's new law (we got the 40-cent gas tax increase back in April 2019, but had to wait til July 1, 2020 to ditch the front plates)

Small Christmas trees that I made smaller and painted body color

Close-up reveals some rubbing between the plate bracket and bumper. Should polish out, but holy crap is that bumper peppered or what. That's gonna take more work. Color sanding at the very least, might need to paint it. I hope not.

The Vic was much more successful. Hard part was finding a NOS center rub strip. Gotta love real chrome, even on an aluminum bumper.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Front license plate delete per Ohio's new law (we got the 40-cent gas tax increase back in April 2019, but had to wait til July 1, 2020 to ditch the front plates)

Small Christmas trees that I made smaller and painted body color

Close-up reveals some rubbing between the plate bracket and bumper. Should polish out, but holy crap is that bumper peppered or what. That's gonna take more work. Color sanding at the very least, might need to paint it. I hope not.

The Vic was much more successful. Hard part was finding a NOS center rub strip. Gotta love real chrome, even on an aluminum bumper.
I did the same almost a month ago now. There is a shop down here in southern Ohio that did it for $300. It looks so much better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
173 Posts
Where did you get those?
I got them on eBay

They are very nice for the cost. I've read other threads of people getting a rattle with other brands. So far no problem with these.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got them on eBay

They are very nice for the cost. I've read other threads of people getting a rattle with other brands. So far no problem with these.

I like the strut tower brace as well. It's more out of the way. It's bad that I wander if anyone has made one like the viper

·
Registered
422 Posts
I like them, but the amount of thread contact of the bolts is concerning to me...Maybe find some thinner, black washers ;)

A Guy
I was thinking that too. Normally you want at least a couple threads protruding after the nut.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
173 Posts
I like them, but the amount of thread contact of the bolts is concerning to me...Maybe find some thinner, black washers ;)

A Guy
I was thinking that too. Normally you want at least a couple threads protruding after the nut.
I was concerned as well so drove very gently to work today and replaced with new thinner stainless washers and slightly shallower lock nuts. Definitely a better fit. A coworker has a drill press so I'm thinking of modifying the covers so the washer and nut can be slightly recessed in.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
Yeah, I'd do that. As long as you don't go too thin in that area. You're much better already

A Guy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Been moving stuff from my old place to a new place today, loaded down the trunk with about 150 lbs of stuff and I was really surprised at how much better the car handled in turns with that much extra weight in the rear. Got less body roll and felt more planted.

Not sure if I could get the same effect without all the extra weight.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Been moving stuff from my old place to a new place today, loaded down the trunk with about 150 lbs of stuff and I was really surprised at how much better the car handled in turns with that much extra weight in the rear. Got less body roll and felt more planted.

Not sure if I could get the same effect without all the extra weight.
All the junk in the trunk, my type lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,582 Posts
I detailed my Shaker this morning.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
248 Posts
Anyone here ever heard of allygator rim protection?

i have it and it seems that it really works after a small curb incident today , without it , the rim would be damaged no doubt.

just curious if anyone have it or heard of it or have any experience with it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Anyone here ever heard of allygator rim protection?

i have it and it seems that it really works after a small curb incident today , without it , the rim would be damaged no doubt.

just curious if anyone have it or heard of it or have any experience with it.
Work play drive talked about that I think on YouTube

14101 - 14120 of 14291 Posts