Dodge Challenger Forum banner

15041 - 15060 of 15114 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
573 Posts
It is absolutely speed related for the Challenger is not the most aerodynamic vehicle on the road; so an increase in speed means in increase in drag which mean a corresponding increase in torque that is needed to maintain the speed you have set. I have driven from state-to-state in the US at various speeds on flat terrain and I have learned than MDS will only stay on if my speed is under 67 mph (108 kph), unless you have a headwind, then it will be less than that. Anything faster requires an amount of torque that cannot be produced by only four cylinders firing in the 392. This is the lesson I have learned over my six years of ownership.

However, I just looked at your profile and noted that you have a widebody. This may or may not, I do not know, change the maximum steady-state speed you can maintain and keep MDS active for you have more drag and rolling resistance than a regular Challenger with a 392 / 6.4L and the TF8.
Thanks for all the info !

makes sense with the fact that 4 cylinder’s can’t produce the power.

one sharps mind you have! No joke.

Diff was no less than 120kmh.

ya , still enjoying the chair click lol ... seriously i only drove it once this week ,work work work ... going to try and drop it at the dealer tomorrow and hope this is the last problem i face with the car.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
186 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
573 Posts
So yesterday was the first time i drove it in rain after almost 6 months of ownership.

i wanted to test the traction , and damn... i tried over and over to break it lose from almost zero and wasnt gonna happen.

how do these computer’s work so quick i have no idea.

my tries are are 30% good at best and yet it i can break it loose easier without rain.

i can’t explain this ... i floored it over and over and it just kept spining straight like a beast!

surprised at how it can break traction easier in dry weather.

granted i was in sport mode as always BUT WITH traction on regular mode for what it is worth , since it was soaking wet.

my mind is still blown at this fact ,
but i’m guessing the car recognizes it is slipping faster than it is when it is dry and that’s why it just spins and goes on straight with zero problems.

super impressed at the whole computer traction thing and i bet you all agree on this.

You don’t even feel it shaking or anything trying to correct it self ... it just does .. that’s what impressive the most

ya just sharing lol , and that’s what i did to the car today lol

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
You have a wide body, that maybe why. My 245s on a slightly damp road will break as soon as a barely touch the gas. On dry roads, I rarely break loose and then it's only a slight chirp.

·
Registered
773 Posts
So yesterday was the first time i drove it in rain after almost 6 months of ownership.

i wanted to test the traction , and damn... i tried over and over to break it lose from almost zero and wasnt gonna happen.

how do these computer’s work so quick i have no idea.

my tries are are 30% good at best and yet it i can break it loose easier without rain.

i can’t explain this ... i floored it over and over and it just kept spining straight like a beast!

surprised at how it can break traction easier in dry weather.

granted i was in sport mode as always BUT WITH traction on regular mode for what it is worth , since it was soaking wet.

my mind is still blown at this fact ,
but i’m guessing the car recognizes it is slipping faster than it is when it is dry and that’s why it just spins and goes on straight with zero problems.

super impressed at the whole computer traction thing and i bet you all agree on this.

You don’t even feel it shaking or anything trying to correct it self ... it just does .. that’s what impressive the most

ya just sharing lol , and that’s what i did to the car today lol
I know exactly what you mean lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
369 Posts
I unwillingly drove it in the rain today. The super dart was out of commission for some complications stemming from a brake job and I needed parts. Got pretty squirrelly at the on ramp with liberal Throttle application in second gear. So much for traction control.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
573 Posts
Edit : ya , don’t want people trying to play chess with death cuz one of my posts lol.

you guys should try 305’s next, can’t imagine a better mod for you car.

and indeed it does slip when turning on like a ramp and a little gas while wet. But can imagine any car that doesn’t.
Unless you have experience in other car’s and they wouldn’t have slipped in your situation , i would like to hear. Would be interesting to know if it is really a “boat” compared to other american cars. No experience with them at all.

Even huge tires can’t fix that.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,639 Posts
Reactions: moparnoother

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
369 Posts
Edit : ya , don’t want people trying to play chess with death cuz one of my posts lol.

you guys should try 305’s next, can’t imagine a better mod for you car.

and indeed it does slip when turning on like a ramp and a little gas while wet. But can imagine any car that doesn’t.
Unless you have experience in other car’s and they wouldn’t have slipped in your situation , i would like to hear. Would be interesting to know if it is really a “boat” compared to other american cars. No experience with them at all.

Even huge tires can’t fix that.
None of my other cars would have done it. None of them are powerful rear wheel drive vehicles either. I wasn't turning, I had straightened out on the ramp then got on the throttle in second gear. I was just surprised with all the nannies engaged that it broke loose that much. I would like 275s.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,639 Posts
Looks good, but are you sure it was Sport? That's meant to top up a ceramic coated car, will last 6 months tops. You can always reapply it, but usually after paint corrections an actual coating is applied. Not ragging on you, just making sure you are aware, and got what you thought you paid for ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks good, but are you sure it was Sport? That's meant to top up a ceramic coated car, will last 6 months tops. You can always reapply it, but usually after paint corrections an actual coating is applied. Not ragging on you, just making sure you are aware, and got what you thought you paid for ;)

A Guy
After I talked with the detailer, I decided to go this way to see if the ceramic coating is the way I want to go. They gave me a 1 warranty and will give me a discount if I go back to them after a year. They also gave me a sample of GYEON Q2M Bathe + Plus and GYEON Q2M Cure to use.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,639 Posts
Cool, it looks good, and those are both excellent products

A Guy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Got these 3d mats from a user on here. Pretty sleek and came in great shape for having been used. They fit perfectly and will be great for the winter time with rain and mud.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,056 Posts
Got these 3d mats from a user on here. Pretty sleek and came in great shape for having been used. They fit perfectly and will be great for the winter time with rain and mud.
View attachment 1006611
Looks great. I just got those myself a couple weeks back. My right heal had worn thru the original mat. I really like these new Maxpider mats. Excellent choice for anyone looks for replacements floor mats.

Reactions: FCB DUB
15041 - 15060 of 15114 Posts