Dodge Challenger Forum banner

15401 - 15420 of 15421 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Dodge letters between the tail light gone !!!
Had some pinstriping done
FC4B6669-28BA-4E13-964B-7FB3F588ECF3.jpeg
02DD474F-CF8B-4AD2-865E-F81E79A4CF88.jpeg
06320698-C00E-4399-9CBB-905947269720.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,793 Posts
Finally got it back into the garage!!!

After the snow and ice storm we had, it finally warmed up enough today to release the hounds from the garage back out into their kennels. I scrubbed the garage floor with a push broom, and also took a putty knife to the dog schittttttttt that wouldn’t come up with the push broom. In any event.....the funky dog piss odor is gone, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Challenger T/A are back at home INSIDE the garage.

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
300 Posts
So I learned a lesson today, if the battery is disconnected or I guess dead you cannot open the trunk to get to it. Had to have the kid crawl through the seats to unlock it. Was able to install a CAI

Reactions: 20BLASTOFF10

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT Plus
19 Posts
Latest mod was swapping out the chrome DODGE letters between the tail lights for the new "satin black" letters available on the newer Challengers. Not a huge fan of blacktop packages or blacked out badging, but this was my exception. Been contemplating just pulling those letters since I bought the car, and having black letters was the perfect way to get the best of both worlds. A cleaner look, but not a complete void.

Reactions: PCP392 and vpzyck

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,793 Posts
Latest mod was swapping out the chrome DODGE letters between the tail lights for the new "satin black" letters available on the newer Challengers. Not a huge fan of blacktop packages or blacked out badging, but this was my exception. Been contemplating just pulling those letters since I bought the car, and having black letters was the perfect way to get the best of both worlds. A cleaner look, but not a complete void.
Post up the part number....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Driving home from work on the LIE yesterday a rock hit my windshield luckily it didnt spider crack, chip etc. The roads are so bad in NY from the winter. My baby is going to the carwash after work today.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Rocks suck. My 2011 (which gets driven rarely near road debris or trucks) went 9 years with not even a scratch. Then last year within a two month span got its windshield replaced from a rock strike. ... TWICE.
I hate trucks.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
162 Posts
Rocks suck. My 2011 (which gets driven rarely near road debris or trucks) went 9 years with not even a scratch. Then last year within a two month span got its windshield replaced from a rock strike. ... TWICE.
I hate trucks.
Me too. But a necessary evil. Remember, as I was told once "If it is in your house, somewhere, sometime, it was delivered on a truck".

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Today I picked up a set of 2014 junked challenger door trim panels. I intend to dismantle them carefully - to learn how (or whether) to take them apart and put them back together again. Why? You ask? Because, I commissioned a new leather interior for my car - and I want the door trim armrest panels replaced too. But here's the catch - Chrysler in its infinite wisdom, has for the sake of costs, replaced SCREWS with PLASTIC welds. The armrests are WELDED to the door across the top back (6 welds per armrest segment) - but yet screwed (3 ea segment) in at the bottom! Weird, huh?!

So.... I have been playing with the intent to figure out how to UNWELD the pancaked PPE, using a low temp soldering iron, back into RODs, so I can slide the armrest out of the door panel. Then, replace the leather with my upgraded leather, and reverse the process.

Of course... if that fails...

I have acquired some 32 of the #6-19 thread, 48-2 pitch, 3/8" length, rolling-thread, pan-head, 6-lobe torx, steel black-oxide&waxed screws (which by the way only come in 10000 unit boxes @ a cost of $418/box) used for the lower portion of the armrests. I am getting them from the tier 1 manufacturer of Chrysler... I (hehehe) requested a sample set (which is free).... As it turns out, the PPE rods used to weld in the upper portion of the armrests have the exact same size hole diameter as the lower portion rods that have the screws in them... these puppies glide right in once the pancaked weld top is cut off (and the screws cut into the plastic perfectly for which they are designed; PPE screws). The result will be the armrests are completely removable because they are now completely threaded in. HA!
Take that Dodge!

ps. Initially I got a challenger door trim panel that was completely blown apart from a side impact. The junk yard just let me have it. I started the learning process with that one first. The pair I got today are pretty nice.. but like any Forensic Anthropology, ya gotta study the dead to make the living better.

pps. I will probably go with plan 'B'. I like the idea of being able to carelessly replace the armrests.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger T/A 392 M6
8 Posts
Pics? Where did you get them?

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT Plus
19 Posts
Post up the part number....
I can't find the part number online, still just finding a part number for the standard chrome letters. I called my parts guy at my local DJCR dealer and had them get them in. Most parts guys at the stealership are super helpful, so far I haven't had any trouble getting any specific parts, just tell them what you want and they can usually find it. Call and tell them it's the satin black DODGE letters on a blacktop GT or R./T.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT Plus
19 Posts
I've seen these, but I went the OEM route.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT Plus
19 Posts
Pics? Where did you get them?
From the stealership, sorry I don't have a part number. If I had ordered online, I would. Just call your local DJCR dealer and tell them you're after the satin black DODGE letters on a 2021 GT Blacktop. They can get 'em.

Here's one before photo and 2 after photos. I like that they still have a little shine when they're clean and it's a sunny day.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
300 Posts
15401 - 15420 of 15421 Posts