Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

15761 - 15780 of 15806 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
put on the shaker riser, hellcat cold air mod and a speedlogix catch can..pretty good for a couple of first mods.

next week is ppf and zl1 side skirts along with some rock guards...i hate the rock guards but hate even more all the chips in the paint
Picture tax. We need to see what the riser mod looks like installed ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,859 Posts
Picture tax. We need to see what the riser mod looks like installed ;)
You certainly are badgering lots of members lately for NOT posting pictures. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
I like pictures...

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
I think after looks better (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
45 Posts
Where in NY was this?
We meet at Home Depot Selden usually on Wed after work but this Wed was nasty so a few of us met Saturday instead. Long Island Needs a Dragstrip car shows start tomorrow at the church on Ocean Ave. if you dont know thats every tuesday and by far the best weekly show out there, 200, 300, some times more cars (Ocean Ave Patchogue}

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,604 Posts
here you go a picture with and without the riser kit the

day i picked her up
View attachment 1018918

riser installed forgive the dust
View attachment 1018919

personally i love the riser, i see no down side and it removes the giant ugly seal when the hood is open
I'd take the grilles out of the bubble too. In the first pic where they are not visible, I think it looks better,

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well, I finally gave in and took my car to an FCA certified body shop as much to my chagrin...I hate it! I had a long talk with the fixed operations manager at the dealership where it got damaged, and after several calls, including to the home office dealership in Raleigh, I told him the body shop would have to paint the entire left side of the car to ensure the Plum Crazy Pearlcoat would match. There were three variants of the PHG paint code, but the thickness of the clear coat will change the tint/color of the paint. The body shop is going to take the left side apart so there will be no visual evidence it was painted (paint lines, over spray, etc.). So that will be about a 2 - 21/2 week job. The shop estimator knows I am OCD and I told him when I come to get it and I see anything not right, they can expect to do it over. I spoke with a co-worker who is an attorney and they just do not want to go there. The service department entered notes on the original repair order to program the key fob along with the fact that it was damaged while in the service bay by the technician. I am not liking this at all! I'll be a nervous wreck while it's in the shop! The dealership is paying dearly for this one. A $160.00 key fob and $60.00 for programming to cost them nearly $2,000.00 for paint work!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, I finally gave in and took my car to an FCA certified body shop as much to my chagrin...I hate it! I had a long talk with the fixed operations manager at the dealership where it got damaged, and after several calls, including to the home office dealership in Raleigh, I told him the body shop would have to paint the entire left side of the car to ensure the Plum Crazy Pearlcoat would match. There were three variants of the PHG paint code, but the thickness of the clear coat will change the tint/color of the paint. The body shop is going to take the left side apart so there will be no visual evidence it was painted (paint lines, over spray, etc.). So that will be about a 2 - 21/2 week job. The shop estimator knows I am OCD and I told him when I come to get it and I see anything not right, they can expect to do it over. I spoke with a co-worker who is an attorney and they just do not want to go there. The service department entered notes on the original repair order to program the key fob along with the fact that it was damaged while in the service bay by the technician. I am not liking this at all! I'll be a nervous wreck while it's in the shop! The dealership is paying dearly for this one. A $160.00 key fob and $60.00 for programming to cost them nearly $2,000.00 for paint work!
Glad to hear that it's getting fixed properly. The wait is the worst part.

Reactions: SFCR

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had previously removed the front plate (even know its Mandatory in NY) and made some temp plugs I was NOT happy with. Finally found some really small and flat white plugs and they almost disappear, so much better.
BEFORE & AFTER

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Very nice - much better. You can't even see the new ones (at least in the pictures).

So you had to have them painted? Or do they come pre-painted to match? The ones pictured are obviously not white, which is why I ask.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We meet at Home Depot Selden usually on Wed after work but this Wed was nasty so a few of us met Saturday instead. Long Island Needs a Dragstrip car shows start tomorrow at the church on Ocean Ave. if you dont know thats every tuesday and by far the best weekly show out there, 200, 300, some times more cars (Ocean Ave Patchogue}
On Deer Park Ave on Sat evenings a bunch of people with muscle cars, gassers, etc meet in the Salpino's parking lot across the street from McDonalds. I saw the LI Street Rod Association has their car show/swap meet 4/25. As for a drag strip it still blows my mind that we dont have one anymore. Pilgrim State has acres of dead land & its not located near any housing & just off the LIE.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
If only there were a way for you to share with us what they look like...a drawing maybe? :D

A Guy
Finally got it out tested it out and grabbed a couple pics as requested. Tires perform great on the turns and I do have quite a bit more traction on launch, I can actually feel the power instead of all tire spin. I still have quite a bit of spin on launch, 1st gear ~25 MPH launch and they spun but still moved the car forward pretty good. I'm thinking once it gets a little warmer it should get better and I will drop a couple of lbs of air out of the rear tires, that should help. Looking at how the tires are tracking I actually think I can run them a couple of pounds lower without any wear issues.
20210408_113728.jpg
20210408_113742.jpg
20210408_113754.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
Nice drawings (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
719 Posts
Glad to hear that it's getting fixed properly. The wait is the worst part.
It is indeed the worst part. It still pisses me off that I have all of this headache simply because a technician was not paying attention.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice - much better. You can't even see the new ones (at least in the pictures).

So you had to have them painted? Or do they come pre-painted to match? The ones pictured are obviously not white, which is why I ask.
These came as is, in white, found them on eBay. Just pushed them in and Wa La.... the holes that hideous plate bracket leave are terrible, hard to believe they ruin a car for a dam plate holder. When I first did it and made the temp plugs the holes were protruding out, i spend some time with a razor this time to get them flat and to be honest these hardly covered the hole but they're very tiny and truly disappear unless you up on top of it.

Before I shaved the holes and buffed the Bumper, then after with these new plugs...

15761 - 15780 of 15806 Posts