Dodge Challenger Forum banner
17121 - 17140 of 17205 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Plum M6 Scat Pack with Shaker
184 Posts
How much did ya get ?? We're looking at 40 mph gusts, white out, 6 to 10 starting tonight 😳 yeehaw winter finally coming. Hopefully we keep power on or hook up like ya'll are doing.
Eyeball 6 to 8 inches here, more in higher elevations. This storm started as a wind event, then added rain and dropped below freezing. So we started with a layer of sloppy slush which froze.

Fortunately most of the roads melted off today as we had high temperatures a few days before.

This county normally starts shutting down with 2 inches of snow and those events can't qualify as storms.

We started yesterday with about half the county without power, now down to about a quarter of the county. But a lot of those are new outages, basically whack-a-mole as trees continue to fall on wires. This short pole was on top of the tall pole. Wires are still attached.

Snow Wood Twig Trunk Natural landscape

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T
335 Posts
Bought a new purge solenoid yesterday and installed it today after waiting a couple of months for the dealership to get the part. Then a few hours later, the dealership called me and told me they got the part and to come in for installation... Just my luck. Guess I got a spare purge valve now.

She does run much peppier after not getting a vacuum leak from the purge valve being stuck open.

P.S. That fuel vapor line clip gave me a hell of a problem disconnecting. I know it's supposed to push from the bottom and I gotta squeeze the red tabs but it wasn't budging at all... Had to use a screwdriver to carefully persuade it.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
476 Posts
They make nice stuff. I replaced a test pipe on my buick with a Vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Very impressed with the quality.
These are the 1794. After awhile of thinking about it, reading post, watching YouTube I jumped, kind of wanted to hear them in person first but...

Not disappointed, they are a little louder, not terrible probably what the car should have sounded like from the factory. Tech had muted radio and I didn't notice, or care, until I was almost home. Now I REALLY wish I had remote start!

·
Registered
141 Posts
OK. Finally put my Lil Devils Fender Flares on. To me, this is the way the car should look from the factory. Super subtle and not in your face. I tried painting myself with the touch up spray cans, but it just didn't come out right even with prep, primer, and clear. It was a fun experiment but ended up going to my body shop for a quality job. (No, I have none experience with auto painting so YMMV.) The fit isn't factory, but I'm very happy with how they look.

On to the wheels: Stock wheels up front - no spacer. Rears are Factory Reproductions 11" with Continental DSW06 Plus in 315/35. They're a +22 offset and they ARE too far inboard by a few mm. There was definitely rubbing on the rear part of the liners. Did the fender liner mod and got literally a couple more inches clearance. Now to save for some custom wheels. From my research and calculations 10.5" front with +10 or +15 offset would work. And a 12" rear +5 offset would fit like my current 11" setup but move all the extra width outward. From the pics you can tell there's plenty of room left under the flares.

I did apply 3M PPF in strips on the inside parts of the flares where they contact the body. Also did ceramic on the painted surfaces. Again, super excited!

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Blue

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
OK. Finally put my Lil Devils Fender Flares on. To me, this is the way the car should look from the factory. Super subtle and not in your face. I tried painting myself with the touch up spray cans, but it just didn't come out right even with prep, primer, and clear. It was a fun experiment but ended up going to my body shop for a quality job. (No, I have none experience with auto painting so YMMV.) The fit isn't factory, but I'm very happy with how they look.

On to the wheels: Stock wheels up front - no spacer. Rears are Factory Reproductions 11" with Continental DSW06 Plus in 315/35. They're a +22 offset and they ARE too far inboard by a few mm. There was definitely rubbing on the rear part of the liners. Did the fender liner mod and got literally a couple more inches clearance. Now to save for some custom wheels. From my research and calculations 10.5" front with +10 or +15 offset would work. And a 12" rear +5 offset would fit like my current 11" setup but move all the extra width outward. From the pics you can tell there's plenty of room left under the flares.

I did apply 3M PPF in strips on the inside parts of the flares where they contact the body. Also did ceramic on the painted surfaces. Again, super excited!

View attachment 1040425 View attachment 1040426 View attachment 1040427 View attachment 1040428
View attachment 1040433
View attachment 1040434
Looks great. Well done!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts
Just finished 2 bucket wash and detail. I drove in the rain (gasp!) 2 weeks ago, and it had a gray coating on it (it was 35 degrees last Saturday, so I skipped the wash, lol. California cold :D). It's gray and 50 or so now, won't get over 56 today, but I'll be going cruising this afternoon :cool:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Just finished 2 bucket wash and detail. I drove in the rain (gasp!) 2 weeks ago, and it had a gray coating on it (it was 35 degrees last Saturday, so I skipped the wash, lol. California cold :D). It's gray and 50 or so now, won't get over 56 today, but I'll be going cruising this afternoon :cool:

A Guy
Yes, we are back to the mid 50's by the end of the week so I'll be doing the same thing. And taking down my Christmas display.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yes, we are back to the mid 50's by the end of the week so I'll be doing the same thing. And taking down my Christmas display.
4 degrees when I woke up this morning. Drove it to Saratoga apple orchard for some hot cider.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
480 Posts

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
551 Posts
Today I removed my headliner and dash cluster bezel...

Vehicle Car Window Motor vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

Reactions: marpow

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
551 Posts
Ok, must be a big project going on.
Nope, just completing the look of my interior :LOL:

Got a race this Saturday and it's looking like the DA might be in the negative so I'm trying to get the best time possible and take out as much weight as I can. I should easily beat my current personal best but most of all I want to see how close I can get to my 10.99 goal.

Vehicle Car Hood Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
551 Posts
Why stop there, doors are overrated... and heavy.
because I can't afford the Andersen composites carbon fiber doors and I doubt I'd pass tech without any doors. But seriously, I may be a bit extreme with the interior, but I'm good with leaving the exterior mostly alone. It's fun seeing people walk up to my car not thinking anything different about it and then see their reaction as soon as they look inside and see the interior.

Reactions: marpow
17121 - 17140 of 17205 Posts