Dodge Challenger Forum banner
17141 - 17160 of 17205 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Looks great. Going with the red Shaker inserts for mine too. Look forward to the links!

Reactions: marpow

·
Registered
150 Posts
Took her to the dealer for her first oil change. 1300 miles and $116 bucks for the change.
Gave the tech a 20 dollar bill before he started and asked him to be nice to my girl. And he was. No damage no finger prints. They even let me drive it out of the bay. View attachment 1038164
$116 bucks for an oil change? And you had to tip them an additional $20.00 to "be nice" to the car?

Geez, were there gold flakes in the oil? No wonder they like us to change the oil often!

·
Premium Member
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker WideBody M6 Black on Black.
60 Posts
$116 bucks for an oil change? And you had to tip them an additional $20.00 to "be nice" to the car?

Geez, were there gold flakes in the oil?
There were gold flakes in the oil.
My 19 Ram Laramie costs $116 bucks to change the oil out as well. that's pretty reasonable from my view.
Also i have a heated garage and the tools and knowledge to change my own oil and more.
My reaction is no thanks. Crawling around on the floor getting rid of old oil. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore under any circumstances. The tech at the dealership is a young kid working his way up and the $20 dollar bill I gave him made him smile and a big thank you for my generosity. I will give him another 20 next time i am in too. $20 to build a relationship with them is cheap money in my book.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
There were gold flakes in the oil.
My 19 Ram Laramie costs $116 bucks to change the oil out as well. that's pretty reasonable from my view.
Also i have a heated garage and the tools and knowledge to change my own oil and more.
My reaction is no thanks. Crawling around on the floor getting rid of old oil. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore under any circumstances. The tech at the dealership is a young kid working his way up and the $20 dollar bill I gave him made him smile and a big thank you for my generosity. I will give him another 20 next time i am in too. $20 to build a relationship with them is cheap money in my book.
here in Florida the tech make sh** I paid , I alway tip .It pays off IMO
doe not matter if it’s a plumber, or the Comcast guys etc

·
Registered
150 Posts
I changed my oil in the GT....$45 for 6 quarts of full synthetic, plus the oil filter. Since I had two $5.00Discount Auto "perk" coupons, it came to $38.00 after tax. With the oil filter on the engine top, this is all a piece of cake. The auto store took the old oil. I can understand those that don't do their own changes. God bless you for helping out the young techs. I just need to get my wife to stop watching the home improvement shows. If I'm not doing maintenance on a car, she will keep me busy doing something to the house.

I usually end up with extra money in my pocket to buy me and the wife burgers, fries, milkshake, and a movie.

·
Premium Member
2021 Challenger RT Shaker 5.7 Hemi
264 Posts
My lighting project, I will give it a 9 out of 10. Happy with everything, except footwells would like to be better, I am still going to keep trying with those. The goal of my lighting project was to put a red glow in Engine bay, Shaker, Cabin, Trunk, and Headlights.
The headlights where done by opening OEM and installing DIODE DYNAMICS HALO RINGS, these come with an app where you can program a variety of colors, with presets etc., excellent app.
You will see some pictures of the headlight rings different colors, red, green, purple, etc.
The LED are just your common LED strips in red, wired in place. The Shaker has a disconnect at firewall, for the ability to completely remove Shaker, for maintenance.
The engine bay has an on/off switch for use, very nice.
The trunk LED's turn on at opening of trunk.
The cabin has all new LED's in red but not footwell, door cup, and rear round headliner. Plan to find and put a red film to deal with the two headliner lights, and planning on digging to get the footwells changed, will be some work.
Below pictures where taken in pure black night and the iPhone does not do them justice, but you get the idea.
Legally you can run certain colors on your headlights in CA, I think yellow and amber, definitely not red as the Police wouldn't like taillights on front of car running down the road. I have to find the written rule.
The work was done by T&R LIGHTING HAYWARD CA, $1,100.00 parts and labor. Next stop is 5.1 surround and stereo system to be installed.
Vehicle Speedometer Automotive lighting Car Odometer
Amber Automotive lighting Flooring Rectangle Font
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive side marker light
Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Wheel
Automotive lighting Purple Headlamp Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Red Gas Auto part Machine
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Liquid Automotive lighting Hood Fluid Automotive tire

·
Registered
503 Posts
I hooked up my battery tender for the first time this season
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

Reactions: marpow

·
Registered
2018 Plum M6 Scat Pack with Shaker
184 Posts
Legally you can run certain colors on your headlights in CA, I think yellow and amber, definitely not red as the Police wouldn't like taillights on front of car running down the road. I have to find the written rule.
Part 1:

Well, you are screwed. I suspect it is only a fix-it ticket ($10, correct the compliance, get it signed off, and no points).

I used to live there. I had my windows tinted. Not in compliance with the vehicle code. Never got a ticket for it, never did anything dumb to get a ticket for it.

The shop I got the tinting at did include a promise to remove the tint at no charge if I did get a ticket for it. Had that happened, I would have had them remove it.

Anyway, the vehicle code for lights means even your snorkel fails. I have included the relevant code below (my bold) for your question.

I also note many newer trucks run white taillights and were built after 1974 (section 6(c)). I used to run some DRLs on a Yukon which where amber when lit, white when off. Cool! But they must be white when lit according to another code covering DRLs. Never got a ticket for them either. If I had, I would have switched them back to stock.

Not writing this to encourage your unlawful behavior 🤣, but to inform you of the consequences. First, you would need to get a ticket. This would usually result from doing something else also warranting a ticket. Not just for your snorkel light.

Part 2:

The issue above is red lighting on the front of the vehicle. Blue lighting is covered under other sections and may carry greater penalties. Think carefully before putting blue lights on your blue Challenger.

When "some degree of unrest" broke out in the last few years, I was thinking about putting a thin blue line on my license plate frame; I found the LED strip at a gun show. I spoke to a local sheriff about it. Under Tenessee law, he would be obligated to cite me for it. Blue is reserved in this state and many others. He asked me to please not install it on my car, he really did not want to have to write that ticket. He genuinely appreciated the gesture but don't run blue lights in Tennessee.

Anyway, here is the California vehicle lighting code and I like the snorkel lights and headlight rings:

"
ARTICLE 15. Light Restrictions and Mounting [25950 - 25952]
( Article 15 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

This section applies to the color of lamps and to any reflector exhibiting or reflecting perceptible light of 0.05 candela or more per foot-candle of incident illumination. Unless provided otherwise, the color of lamps and reflectors upon a vehicle shall be as follows:
(a) The emitted light from all lamps and the reflected light from all reflectors, visible from in front of a vehicle, shall be white or yellow, except as follows:
(1) Rear side marker lamps required by Section 25100 may show red to the front.
(2) The color of foglamps described in Section 24403 may be in the color spectrum from white to yellow.
(3) An illuminating device, as permitted under Section 24255, shall emit radiation predominantly in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum. Any incidental visible light projecting to the front of the vehicle shall be predominantly yellow to white. Any incidental visible light projecting to the rear of the vehicle shall be predominantly red. Any incidental visible light from an illuminating device, as permitted under Section 24255, shall not resemble any other required or permitted lighting device or official traffic control device.
(b) The emitted light from all lamps and the reflected light from all reflectors, visible from the rear of a vehicle, shall be red except as follows:
(1) Stoplamps on vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1979, may show yellow to the rear.
(2) Turn signal lamps may show yellow to the rear.
(3) Front side marker lamps required by Section 25100 may show yellow to the rear.
(4) Backup lamps shall show white to the rear.
(5) The rearward facing portion of a front-mounted double-faced turn signal lamp may show amber to the rear while the headlamps or parking lamps are lighted, if the intensity of the light emitted is not greater than the parking lamps and the turn signal function is not impaired.
(6) A reflector meeting the requirements of, and installed in accordance with, Section 24611 shall be red or white, or both.
(c) All lamps and reflectors visible from the front, sides, or rear of a vehicle, except headlamps, may have any unlighted color, provided the emitted light from all lamps or reflected light from all reflectors complies with the required color. Except for backup lamps, the entire effective projected luminous area of lamps visible from the rear or mounted on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall be covered by an inner lens of the required color when the unlighted color differs from the required emitted light color. Taillamps, stoplamps, and turn signal lamps that are visible to the rear may be white when unlighted on vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1974.
(Amended by Stats. 2004, Ch. 198, Sec. 4. Effective January 1, 2005.)"

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,776 Posts
drove it home, runs fine just loses fuel pressure at full throttle (pump bad or installed wrong). Debating what to do next. Seriously though if someone showed up with 15k it would be gone. Maybe I'll list it here.

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
drove it home, runs fine just loses fuel pressure at full throttle (pump bad or installed wrong). Debating what to do next. Seriously though if someone showed up with 15k it would be gone. Maybe I'll list it here.
15K for a SC Challenger? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2018 Plum M6 Scat Pack with Shaker
184 Posts
PM me an address, I'll show up with cash.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
39 Posts
We are here to help create a thread detailing the issues and throw the link in here.

·
Premium Member
2021 Challenger RT Shaker 5.7 Hemi
264 Posts
Part 1:

Well, you are screwed. I suspect it is only a fix-it ticket ($10, correct the compliance, get it signed off, and no points).

I used to live there. I had my windows tinted. Not in compliance with the vehicle code. Never got a ticket for it, never did anything dumb to get a ticket for it.

The shop I got the tinting at did include a promise to remove the tint at no charge if I did get a ticket for it. Had that happened, I would have had them remove it.

Anyway, the vehicle code for lights means even your snorkel fails. I have included the relevant code below (my bold) for your question.

I also note many newer trucks run white taillights and were built after 1974 (section 6(c)). I used to run some DRLs on a Yukon which where amber when lit, white when off. Cool! But they must be white when lit according to another code covering DRLs. Never got a ticket for them either. If I had, I would have switched them back to stock.

Not writing this to encourage your unlawful behavior 🤣, but to inform you of the consequences. First, you would need to get a ticket. This would usually result from doing something else also warranting a ticket. Not just for your snorkel light.

Part 2:

The issue above is red lighting on the front of the vehicle. Blue lighting is covered under other sections and may carry greater penalties. Think carefully before putting blue lights on your blue Challenger.

When "some degree of unrest" broke out in the last few years, I was thinking about putting a thin blue line on my license plate frame; I found the LED strip at a gun show. I spoke to a local sheriff about it. Under Tenessee law, he would be obligated to cite me for it. Blue is reserved in this state and many others. He asked me to please not install it on my car, he really did not want to have to write that ticket. He genuinely appreciated the gesture but don't run blue lights in Tennessee.

Anyway, here is the California vehicle lighting code and I like the snorkel lights and headlight rings:

"
ARTICLE 15. Light Restrictions and Mounting [25950 - 25952]
( Article 15 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

This section applies to the color of lamps and to any reflector exhibiting or reflecting perceptible light of 0.05 candela or more per foot-candle of incident illumination. Unless provided otherwise, the color of lamps and reflectors upon a vehicle shall be as follows:
(a) The emitted light from all lamps and the reflected light from all reflectors, visible from in front of a vehicle, shall be white or yellow, except as follows:
(1) Rear side marker lamps required by Section 25100 may show red to the front.
(2) The color of foglamps described in Section 24403 may be in the color spectrum from white to yellow.
(3) An illuminating device, as permitted under Section 24255, shall emit radiation predominantly in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum. Any incidental visible light projecting to the front of the vehicle shall be predominantly yellow to white. Any incidental visible light projecting to the rear of the vehicle shall be predominantly red. Any incidental visible light from an illuminating device, as permitted under Section 24255, shall not resemble any other required or permitted lighting device or official traffic control device.
(b) The emitted light from all lamps and the reflected light from all reflectors, visible from the rear of a vehicle, shall be red except as follows:
(1) Stoplamps on vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1979, may show yellow to the rear.
(2) Turn signal lamps may show yellow to the rear.
(3) Front side marker lamps required by Section 25100 may show yellow to the rear.
(4) Backup lamps shall show white to the rear.
(5) The rearward facing portion of a front-mounted double-faced turn signal lamp may show amber to the rear while the headlamps or parking lamps are lighted, if the intensity of the light emitted is not greater than the parking lamps and the turn signal function is not impaired.
(6) A reflector meeting the requirements of, and installed in accordance with, Section 24611 shall be red or white, or both.
(c) All lamps and reflectors visible from the front, sides, or rear of a vehicle, except headlamps, may have any unlighted color, provided the emitted light from all lamps or reflected light from all reflectors complies with the required color. Except for backup lamps, the entire effective projected luminous area of lamps visible from the rear or mounted on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall be covered by an inner lens of the required color when the unlighted color differs from the required emitted light color. Taillamps, stoplamps, and turn signal lamps that are visible to the rear may be white when unlighted on vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1974.
(Amended by Stats. 2004, Ch. 198, Sec. 4. Effective January 1, 2005.)"
That's cool, but I don't feel like I am screwed, because I have no intention of driving with anything other than white headlights. The colors from headlights will only be used parked, car shows, parking lots, stuff like that.
The red glow in the Shaker scoop does not emit red light only has a suttle red glow.
I could see that not being CA compliant, but will find out for myself, whenever I drive at night. All cabin, engine bay and trunk obviously not a problem.
Thanks for the CA Code it was good to read.

17141 - 17160 of 17205 Posts