Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What differential in the new 2011 392 SRT ?

Subject line has a typo (396=392). Anyone know how to actually "delete" post here ?

Went thru Resume Speed's sticky, and I couldn't determine if they changed the differential or not..

Does anyone know if the 392 has the same 226mm Getrags differential?

If so, this is not good news at all. More HP, more torque in front of the Getrag 226 just means more whine, more differential problems.

Haven't finished researching yet, but it appears that the 392 is only available with certain color combos. If so, is there a "better" Dodge web page that shows all of the options ? All I can find is that G-damn, FRUSTRATING Dodge page where you have to mouse click over some damn photo's flying all over the screen. If there is a better page to actually "see" an official product page, can someone please point me to it ?

MM3

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Does everyones diffs break? I thought we had plenty of super-charged members with no problems with their diffs holding up...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
no problems here

·
Registered
114 Posts
Any update on this? I thought I read somewhere that the rear ends in the '11's are now "shot-peened" or something. The problem isn't with breaking the diffs, Its just they start to whine after awhile, almost exclusively in the stick cars, due to the extreme amounts of pressure they are being put through with the harder gear changes and wheel hop...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Interested, too.
My '09 226 Getrag was working fine until I had some boiling oil and totally killed it on the racetrack.
Thx to Speedlogix there's a new one waiting in my garage to be installed.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I don't know what model number it is, but it's certainly a Getrag. Was just under my car this weekend and it says Getrag right on it :)

It didn't say anything like "Super Adamantium Gear Set" :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts