Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Challenger back in early October which is a 2013 I believed an SXT but when you are new into these there are so many different options that it gets a little confusing and I just knew that it was a V6 several options and a rear spoiler that I was going to use it as a daily driver and I'm good to go. Now as I get into it more I have Sport Mode the Super Sport Group (SS/T) package,20 inch chrome wheels and the paddle sifters,Leather heated seats the rear gear is a 3.06 and so on. But when I read several articles they say these are options if you have the SXT PLUS ,what is it??

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Dark Slate Gray
Super Sport Group (SS/T)
Brake Assist
Anti-Lock Brakes
All Speed Traction Control

Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Perf Brakes
All Vehicles w/ABS Brakes
Supp. Side Curtain Frt/Rr Air Bags
Rr Armrest w/Cupholder Seat
Passenger Assist Handle
5-Speed Auto W5A580 Transmission
AutoStick (R) Automatic Transmission
3.06 Rear Axle Ratio
215MM Rear Axle
3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine
Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
RR View Auto Dim Mirror w/Microphone
Keyless Go
Heated Front Seats
Illuminated Entry
Front Reading/Map Lamps
Body Color Exterior Mirrors
Automatic Headlamps
Fog Lamps
Rear Bodycolor Spoiler
50 State Emissions
Engine Oil Cooler
Jazz Blue Pearl Coat
6 Boston Acoustics Speakers
276 Watt Amplifier
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Bluetooth Streaming Audio
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth
Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices

Remote USB Port
Performance Steering
Performance Suspension
245/45R20 BSW AS Performance Tires
Firestone Brand Tires
All Aluminum Wheels
20X8.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
Tip Start
Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Control
Front/Rear Climate Control Outlets
Sport Mode
Dk Slate Gray Interior Accents

1-Yr. SiriusXM Radio Service
8 Additional Gallons of Gas
Spring - Left Front
Spring - Left Rear
Spring - Right Front
Spring - Right Rear
Customer Preferred Package 2DG
Customer Preferred Package 26G
SEBC Owner Care
Sales Tracking
United States Region Group
NAFTA Region

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
You have an SXT Plus + the Super Sport Group.

Some of the groups were n/a on the base package models.

The heated seats, paddle shifters and 3.06 diff were the major components of SS/T package.

The options were bit hard to sort out as the heated mirrors and seats were part of a cold weather package on an SXT plus
(leather, 6 speaker/ 276W audio, 20" wheels, foglights - parts of the Plus package)

Base SXT was cloth, 18" wheels, no foglights, no homelink and Sound Grp I was option

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have an SXT Plus + the Super Sport Group.

Some of the groups were n/a on the base package models.

The heated seats, paddle shifters and 3.06 diff were the major components of SS/T package.

The options were bit hard to sort out as the heated mirrors and seats were part of a cold weather package on an SXT plus
(leather, 6 speaker/ 276W audio, 20" wheels, foglights - parts of the Plus package)

Base SXT was cloth, 18" wheels, no foglights, no homelink and Sound Grp I was option
Thank you very much for the response and the additional information!!!

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,699 Posts
I see anti-lock brakes and traction control are two of the items listed under OPTION EQUIPMENT...so that must mean they can be declined, right?

Can we really ask them to make us a car in this day and age sans anti-lock brakes and the nanny-control???

Something tells me that isn’t actually possible, and their listings in optional section is more about satisfying a govt regulation or some other loophole that they found they could game to avoid paying taxes or something. But I’m just jaded like that...

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
I see anti-lock brakes and traction control are two of the items listed under OPTION EQUIPMENT...so that must mean they can be declined, right?

Can we really ask them to make us a car in this day and age sans anti-lock brakes and the nanny-control???

Something tells me that isn’t actually possible, and their listings in optional section is more about satisfying a govt regulation or some other loophole that they found they could game to avoid paying taxes or something. But I’m just jaded like that...
I'm sure anti-lock brakes and traction control have been standard on cars for over 10 years now.

I'm not a fan either. When I'm driving in the snow, I know to pump the brakes and not to mash on the brakes and expect to stop on a dime. When I do apply the brakes in snow and I feel that thumping of the anti-lock brakes kicking in, it scares me more than anything. So now I'm not in control of the brake pedal, and I'm relying on who knows what to stop me.

I'm sure this anti-lock brake system has saved lives along the way, so I'll deal with it.

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts

the base '09 SE (E pkg) - it didn't have ABS, fog lights and 17" wheels. [with the 3.5 and A4....]

·
Premium Member
7,699 Posts
the base '09 SE (E pkg) - it didn't have ABS, fog lights and 17" wheels. [with the 3.5 and A4....]
So you’re telling me that Dodge was building and selling a car that didn’t have ABS all the way up until 2009?!?

That’s a little unnerving they were doing that isn’t it?

Am I being too harsh in my judgement here??

·
Premium Member
7,699 Posts
I'm sure anti-lock brakes and traction control have been standard on cars for over 10 years now.

I'm not a fan either. When I'm driving in the snow, I know to pump the brakes and not to mash on the brakes and expect to stop on a dime. When I do apply the brakes in snow and I feel that thumping of the anti-lock brakes kicking in, it scares me more than anything. So now I'm not in control of the brake pedal, and I'm relying on who knows what to stop me.

I'm sure this anti-lock brake system has saved lives along the way, so I'll deal with it.
Personally, I don't use the ABS, but that's not an indictment of the technology, it's just that I don't use the brakes at all if I can help it. I'm sure ABS has saved countless lives, but I know it hasn't saved mine because I haven't ever had the need to employ it.

I believe in moving forward...progressing, advancing...you know, that sort of thing...The past is the past, and the future is now! ONWARD AND FORWARD, ALWAYS!!! :smokin:

(besides, if I find myself in a situation where I need to arrest my forward motion, I have 5 gears in my transmission at my disposal from which I can induce slowed advancement by increasing the RPM load on the engine.)

(oh yeah, and if that doesn't work, I always have the emergency brake to use as a last resort!)

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
So you’re telling me that Dodge was building and selling a car that didn’t have ABS all the way up until 2009?!?

That’s a little unnerving they were doing that isn’t it?

Am I being too harsh in my judgement here??
Its the "loss leader" to claim that "prices starting at $22k, come see us now" to get people into dealerships.

Its like the old days where you could get (late 70s) a new Chevy pickup that started at $5,700 base

6 cyl (250ci, 1 bbl), three on tree, heater and spare tire and probably the skinniest tires on a production vehicle at that time.
Even the AM radio was optional - hardly anyone would have anything that spartan, but there they were. It was possible to even order heater delete through the 70s

I recall Motor Trend tried ordering '78 Monte Carlo that was base 6 cyl and three on the tree as a test car for an article.
- the plant built it with an automatic...probably thinking it was a mistake make in ordering with that configuration. [as in nobody would ever order something like that]

·
Premium Member
7,699 Posts
Its the "loss leader" to claim that "prices starting at $22k, come see us now" to get people into dealerships.

Its like the old days where you could get (late 70s) a new Chevy pickup that started at $5,700 base

6 cyl (250ci, 1 bbl), three on tree, heater and spare tire and probably the skinniest tires on a production vehicle at that time.
Even the AM radio was optional - hardly anyone would have anything that spartan, but there they were. It was possible to even order heater delete through the 70s

I recall Motor Trend tried ordering '78 Monte Carlo that was base 6 cyl and three on the tree as a test car for an article.
- the plant built it with an automatic...probably thinking it was a mistake make in ordering with that configuration. [as in nobody would ever order something like that]
I get all that, but I was really more surprised that there isn't some sort of gov't regulation in place (since at least the late 90s I would have wagered) that selling a new car without ABS would be in direct violation of.

But I get it, they are not flouting the rules in the name of more profits, they are just maximizing profits within the framework of the laws and regs currently on the books. Nothing inherently wrong with that, I s'pose...but there does seem to be something fundamentally broken with the system that makes and enforces safety regs when they haven't decided to make ABS standard on all vehicles sold in the US by now.

I mean jeepers creepers, if Canada can get their collective duffs off the couches and out of the bars long enough to make their gov't mandate DRLs on all cars sold there. Can we not do the same for something way more important like ABS?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts