Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im planning to modify my car with some bolt ons

slp loud mouth 1

kooks long tube headers 1 7/8

custom made mid pipe off road

ported throttle body 87mm

slp pulley balancer underdrive 25%

speedlogix cold air intake

thermostat jet 180

catch can

diablosport tuner "ill contact johan to tune it via email's"

so what do u think? do i need to replace some of these parts? or shall i add something with it?

how much hp i would gain?

ty:silly:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have some of those mods I love all of them

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts

slp loud mouth 1

thermostat jet 180

catch can

so what do u think? do i need to replace some of these parts? or shall i add something with it?

Assuming you have a 392, I would save your money on the TB... Your stocker can get you into the 11s N/A'd. Your tune will give you more throttle boost (response) and that is what 90% of the TB does as the stocker flows well enough until you go FI’d.
Personally I think the factory shorties flow very well too so the LTs would be a back burner item for me. Going catless with the stock shorties will make it plenty loud. Catless may get you .05 seconds and 1 MPH in the 1/4 but it will smell awful. The SRT Cats really flow good.
Just my 2 cents…

Reactions: teddyp

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
If your going CAI the '11 and up 392s are great. That being said, if your looking for performance I'd go with one of those "true" type that pull in the air from the fender well area, not the heat soaked engine bay.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts

slp loud mouth 1

thermostat jet 180

catch can

... also if your doing the 87mm get the intake manifold ported also. I did. I have a separate post a about it. I DO NOT have pre/post dyno numbers-however running the car for the first 5500 miles with out the two ported, I can absolutely tell something changed, and it's no placebo effect. PEAKSPEED. They are a vendor here. Dudes name is Bob. Super nice guy. Tell him you read about his business from some of us forum members. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thnx guys :)

about the true cai ...bro my car a daily use car..that true cai would suck water -.0

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
... also if your doing the 87mm get the intake manifold ported also. I did. I have a separate post a about it. I DO NOT have pre/post dyno numbers-however running the car for the first 5500 miles with out the two ported, I can absolutely tell something changed, and it's no placebo effect. PEAKSPEED. They are a vendor here. Dudes name is Bob. Super nice guy. Tell him you read about his business from some of us forum members. Keep us posted.

thnx man

can u do me favor and send me the exact link for the 6.4 hemi...ty!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
thnx guys :)

about the true cai ...bro my car a daily use car..that true cai would suck water -.0
If it did then you would hear about it on these forums. I have been using one on my daily driver for probably a year now with no issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it did then you would hear about it on these forums. I have been using one on my daily driver for probably a year now with no issues.
well one of my friend he has camaro 2002..his engine sucked water cuz of the true cold air intake

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
well one of my friend he has camaro 2002..his engine sucked water cuz of the true cold air intake
Different car, different intake. Doesnt apply here.

You would have to completely submerge the filter in water for it to suck it up. Why would you drive your car in water up to the headlights?

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts

I have a true CAI fender type. You would literally have to drive the car into a puddle or small body of water approximately 18" deep to start sucking up water. My car car has seen drizzle, only because the weather wasn't forecast accurately. I have no worries.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you're going longtubes with catless midpipes to SLP 1, then it is gonna be VERY loud and quite raspy. I personally think the regular CAI look a lot better than the true CAI fender type. I've also read you don't see very much gain from the SLP underdrive pulley unless you're FI.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
If you're going longtubes with catless midpipes to SLP 1, then it is gonna be VERY loud and quite raspy. I personally think the regular CAI look a lot better than the true CAI fender type. I've also read you don't see very much gain from the SLP underdrive pulley unless you're FI.

Wrong. You don't put an under drive on a FI motor. If anything you want an overdrive pulley for more PSI.

·
Registered
398 Posts
^^^^ must've read a thread about it wrong then. My mistake!

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts