Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
phone rang sat night,,caller id said xm,,awe... its gotta be a spam number...against my better judgement i answered it,,by golly it was a real xm person !! pertaining to my 2017 gt NEVER starting with the xm guardian
app,,ordered/purchased march of 17 and it has never worked even though i paid for the system the would allow me to remote from phone...like all of use have...he took alot of info..phone..os..carrier..and so on
said he was put on my case with a ticket to investigate and resolve..hopefully they will get this fixed finally !! ive contacted them 9 times about this ...fingers CROSSED !!!:laugh2::laugh2:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I didn't sign up for it. They sell and give your data to too many people. They also track you and your driving habits. Read the Terms of Service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im still in the free year trail,,not gonna pay for something that doesn't work..

·
Registered
194 Posts
im still in the free year trail,,not gonna pay for something that doesn't work..
Free or not, they will still retain the right to collect data and track your location, driving habits and more. That's a big turn off for me.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Let's not get distracted here. OP has been pleading for this to work and FINALLY on a SATURDAY he gets progress.
That is to be celebrated!!! We have been tracked in our cars since 2014. That is where the second ammend. comes in handy. NOT worried!!!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update

after this phone call and explaining all my issues,,HAVE NEVER heard back from them !!! what a joke !! had high hopes too,,BTW---it still doesnt work,,considering looking into lemon law
3 times to dealer,,they cant fix it may constitute a lemon law,,maybe..it is a feature installed by dodge on them,,cant be fixed and doesnt work,,going to dealer and try to get the ball rolling on this
i know,,good luck with that huh !!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Just as well. Keep this in mind....if you can control stuff in your car (or worse yet, access it and start it) with an APP on you your phone....so can the bad guy.

I don't even like the wireless FOBs because of how easy they are to clone, but I'm too lazy to put an old-fashioned ignition switch in my car. Fortunately, I live out in the sticks, where nobody prowls around (unless they want a load of rock-salt in their britches) and I rarely take my car to areas where such high-tech bandits may be looking for high-tech cars to hijack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts