Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge challenger rallye redline
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my gas cap and I really like the look of it but I thought it needed something. so I kicked around a few ideas of what I could do and came up with this. I have a decal cutter so I just programed it in and cut out a vinyl sticker to test out the look and im pretty happy with it so I think im going to order some red hydrodip graphics and get the whole lift tab red. So what do you guys think does it look good and should I get it hydrodiped?

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
I think that looks nice and goes with your theme!

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's tough to tell from pics. I do like red accents on this color. I feel like it looks like too much in pics but in person it probably wouldn't.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
unique but not working for me unless you're planning to tie it in with other red accents or something

·
Registered
448 Posts
I generally like it. I think maybe just the left part, not the lift tab. Also I agree that it may look better on the black filler door.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
That would look good

...on a "Blacktop," especially if it had redline tires.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Initially, didnt like it. Then saw how it ties in, and I'm converted. Looks nice!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not too big of a fan of it on the chrome, but I think it would look good on a black gas cap.

Yeah it would look good with a black background but i dont have a black car or any black on my car so it might be to much of a contrast on mine to make it work.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They all have black. Black trims, black tires, black interior... black cap: good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I dont know about a black paint on it but i just went out and lookesd at it and my rims are black chrome maybe i could get the cap black chromed that might look good. I dont think a black paint would go to well on mine IMO

·
Registered
624 Posts
I dont know about a black paint on it but i just went out and lookesd at it and my rims are black chrome maybe i could get the cap black chromed that might look good. I dont think a black paint would go to well on mine IMO
Black chrome would be pretty cool for the gas cap, as long as you keep those wheels.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I like the chrome factory look myself, but it ain't my car. Do whatever makes you happy!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But where do you find a black chrome one? The plain black ones are easy to find.
Im sure some company is out there that can do that or maybe take some clear coat paint and and a touch of black to it and shoot it over the chrome untill it has the right tint to the chrome. I dont know but the black chrome is something to think about at the least

1 - 20 of 24 Posts