Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about taking a look at this Mach 1 this week. 54,000 miles. Asking Price is $11,500. What would be a fair price for a 14 year old Mach. I figured headers (mids), exhaust, and a tune would dyno more than 305whp but eh... I still think its a cool car. If I got this I'd want to put an eaton or procharger on it, get to around 450-500 hp and call it a day. This, the termi cobra, and the 2008 shelby 500s are the only mustangs I like in the 1999-2009 years. The Cobras I can afford are barely living and I cant afford the Shelbys.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-mustang-mach-1/6296104012.html

---------------------------------
Here are a few items that are installed....

SCT Tuner
Mid length headers
Bassani X pipe w/ catalytic converter's, it will pass inspection
Magnaflow exhuast, it sounds different than flowmasters it's quiet until you squash the loud pedal
Upper and lower strut towers brace's
Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates
FORD Racing 4.10 gears
Short throw shifter
Trac lock switch
Aircraft style Nitrous arming switch
Chip Foose wheels with NITTO tires 18" in front 20" in rear
Digital switch window for the Nitrous it comes on at 2500RPM's and shuts off at 5800RPM at WOT
100HP shot of Nitrous "WET"
Car was last tuned in Dec. 2014 at BNT and it made 305HP/325TQ w/ Nitrous 398HP/450TQ
Last time it was sprayed was on the DYNO in 2014 I never use it much
It does have a few flaws but nothing Detrimental��
-------------------------------------

·
Registered
760 Posts
The shakers are the only thing I like about this year (body style) of mustang. I think these are the ugliest mustangs out there lol. But that is just me.

It looks very clean and is a pretty good price, should be able to talk them down a little bit from that price too. Ive seen machs go from $7000 to $13,000, in varying conditions, here in AZ. This should go for the higher side because of all the stuff done to it but make sure it is running solid first. I would personally try getting him to around 9500-10,000, I think that is more reasonable. Would be a fun project.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea I'm looking for a fun beater car so I thought about getting a mustang Mach 1. Cheap parts, easy to fix, and decently quick. There are 05-09 mustangs in my price range too.... but damn if they don't come with a full tank of ugly. 5.0 and Cameros are priced out of my beater fund. My F body days have come and gone and I have no desire to do that again. Can't think of anything other than mustangs for around 10k, manual, and v8.

Other than the shaker hood and forged crank in the Mach I've always thought these mustangs had the best exhaust sound with the 4v engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts