Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having test driven everything, this is what I'm most likely going with. Since I am daily driving the car in Chicagoland, I have decided against the SRT-8 since it is too much car for what I'll be using it for. This car is ten minutes from me and has the exact options I am looking for. I have already driven it and am in love. They say they would sell it for about $1,000 less than what they have it listed for. I have been seeing leftover 2010s R/T Classics with options go for between 31-33K. Bear in my mind I was also quoted today for a similarly optioned 2010 DTY with a few hundred miles for $31,300. Knowing that, I cannot bring myself to pay near that for an 09 with 6,400 miles. What do you think I could realistically pick this one up for? Opinions, please.

Dodge : Challenger - eBay (item 110662454789 end time Apr-15-11 12:47:26 PDT)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was thinking under 30K would be okay since this is not even a heavily optioned car, but it sounds like they won't go below 30K. That means it is within 2-3K of what I could get a leftover 2010 for with more options. Sucks too because it is literally right down the street.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
there's a new b-5 blue SRT automatic/stripped for $35k in IL

why would you pay $31 for a used 2009 RT w/6,000 miles...$5k more gets you 1 year newer and a upgraded model w/ 10 miles

i would think you could get a new 2010 RT for $31k range

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Theres no way I would pay 30K for that car now, especially considering some of the deals offered for 2010 leftovers right now. 25K (26K max) sounds about right for a used car with low miles. Though it appears that huggytree has found a nice alternative too:browsmiley:
Someone on another thread on this forum had posted about a dealership in Illinois (I believe) selling leftover Challengers at $9000+ off. So you have other options, though you may not find a DWB Classic.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the same thing too. I have been getting quotes on leftover 2010 R/T Classics with varying options for 31-33K all day long without even negotiating. That is what I told them too, but apparently, they want it to collect dust on their lot. I built a 2011 for $34-35K online today configured the way I want and am awaiting a quote on it. I just wish they had some different colors this year. I like T/O in the sun but not in the shade. The Redline Tri coat is my favorite so far. I may end up ordering one and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
ive had offers on 2010's in IL for $9,300 off (SRTs)

Antioc Dodge has 3 DY SRTs loaded (6 speed) for $9,300 off (36-37k range)...also there's a HO SRT in IL too...go to cars.com and youll find the HO...no bargaining..its listed for $37 something right from the start.

you will never get this good of a deal on SRT's...id reconsider since your only $4-5k lower right now...that SRT will have higher resale value in 10 years over a RT...you may get your $4-5k back when you sell

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I just made a great deal on a new '11 Ram truck on the lot and the dealership had several '10 challengers they will deal on here in Florida. I believe you can find a good deal on a new '10 if you look.

·
Registered
999 Posts
im looking for the exact same car, they are asking way too much.

I am watching a 6speed, B5 Classic R/T 2009, 7,500miles, they are asking $28,722. They've had it on their lot since early December, I'd pay $26k for it and feel I as getting a great deal.....we'll see.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I thought the same thing too. I have been getting quotes on leftover 2010 R/T Classics with varying options for 31-33K all day long without even negotiating. That is what I told them too, but apparently, they want it to collect dust on their lot. I built a 2011 for $34-35K online today configured the way I want and am awaiting a quote on it. I just wish they had some different colors this year. I like T/O in the sun but not in the shade. The Redline Tri coat is my favorite so far. I may end up ordering one and be done with it.
Most dealers will sell to you at invoice. Configure your car on edmunds.com and see what invoice and true market value are. I just got my 2011 RT Classic for invoice. Sticker was $36,530, invoice was $34,720 less $1000 incentive. Out the door for $33,720.
Remember, the 2011's have more HP/Torque and lots of additional features (climate control, etc). Use that as a bargaining point when talking price on a 2010 leftover and you should find yourself a fine deal. I tried to get a leftover, but the only thing left around me were 3.5L, and I didn't want to come out of a 5.7L Charger into a 3.5L Challenger.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I got my 2010 Challenger R/T for $26,500 off a sticker of $33,995. Only options were 27F and the 20" wheel option.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I think 27-28K max would be all she wrote on this particular car. Thanks for the input. I am in control here and am in no rush. Yes, I know the 2010s will keep disappearing, so I'll just buy a nice used one then if I don't order.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The dodge dealership down the street from that location is fair and we have bought a dodge van from there and had no problems . I regret not buying my challenger there but there service and parts department have been outstanding. I saw they had a few 10 left on their lot.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im looking for the exact same car, they are asking way too much.

I am watching a 6speed, B5 Classic R/T 2009, 7,500miles, they are asking $28,722. They've had it on their lot since early December, I'd pay $26k for it and feel I as getting a great deal.....we'll see.
Would you be willing to send me the link to it? I will not buy "your car" out from under you as it is very far from me. I just want to have more ammo when I talk to the sales manager and tell him he is a moron in a nice way - with facts!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dodge dealership down the street from that location is fair and we have bought a dodge van from there and had no problems . I regret not buying my challenger there but there service and parts department have been outstanding. I saw they had a few 10 left on their lot.
Yes, that would be Jack Phelan Dodge. Before that it was Ken Hook Lincoln Mercury. There used to be Dodge City near there as well before it closed. Right out of college, I worked for Enterprise, which is another story and knew/worked with all those dealerships in that area. They unfortunately have no Classics left that I like. I recently bought from Bettenhausen and couldn't be happier. If I order, it will be through them.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I got a quote from where we bought my wife's Jeep. Pictures do not do these colors justice. While not as eye catching as H/O or Torred, they both are still really nice colors, especially in person.

2011 R/T Classic 6 speed with STP in Toxic Orange: $32,010 ($34,485 MSRP)
2011 R/T Classic 6 speed with STP in Redline: $32,633 ($35,285 MSRP)

Prices include the current $1,000 rebate but exclude tax of course, but I think these are some decent prices. Apparently, there is more wiggle room on the Redline as it is $2,652 below sticker vs Toxic Orange which is $2,475 below sticker. The quotes I've been getting on the 2010 leftovers are between 31-33K with a few more options like sunroof and what not, which is not important to me.
I think I may order one since I have a $500.00 coupon on top of this. My wife ranks her favorite color as Toxic Orange followed by Hemi Orange and Redline/B5 Blue. I think it is a toss up between Hemi Orange/B5 Blue as my favorite followed by Plum Crazy and Detonator Yellow. Resale red is always great too, which is why I like the new Redline. I really like those 09-10 Spring Special cars though. Out of the new colors, Toxic Orange and Redline in person look the best to me, especially in direct sunlight. I know if I order one now though, Dodge will announce a return to high impact colors, so I may go this weekend to at least check out how the new 2011 stacks up to the 2008-2009s I've driven. If it does truly does drive better, looks like Redline or Toxic Orange it is. That is, unless more high impact colors are coming this year.

·
Registered
234 Posts
2009=Lifetime warranty on RT's and Se's. That could be why they won't budge much. If you show them some examples of cars cheaper maybe they will. If you save a couple of thou it would be worth the trip to travel and get the car for cheaper.

I ordered my car from Bettenhausen too. Grew up down the street from them. Great bunch of people there and they have a new dealership in Orland now.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,578 Posts
Lifetime warranty for 2009 models is for the original owner exclusively. It is not transferrable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts