Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well of course, my ultimate dream would be a supercharger. But the price plus install (appx 7k) is something I cant do right now. Now there's another route I am leaning towards. I can get the heads ported and a comp cam installed from Adam from ST performance along with a dyno tune. He says this can make a little more than 400 whp. The cost would be around 3300. So less than half of a sc for for less than the hp of a sc. I was also thinking if the heads are going to be pulled, might as well throw in some shorty headers for a little more gain.

So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'm not an expert but I've read on several occasions that porting the 5.7 heads will not gain much. Someone that's done it may want to chime in.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You don't mention your car so assuming you have eagle heads they flow rather well and the mod you mentioned does not warrant spending money on heads.

Cam is a good idea, new valve springs to increase redline and shorty headers.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 5.7 6m with custom j tune and solo exhaust.

They heads would get sent out to get ported. I too have read about not gaining much but not from alot of people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts