1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
456 Posts
So that's why all the mustang guys have been so co(c)ky lately. Love the one your with.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I think it is only a matter of time until someone falls for it and thinks he/she got a 392 at a bargain price.

I see the same with Jeep Wranglers: you can purchase a set RUBICON OE stickers on eBay for $25; next you see a fake Rubicon for sale at a ridiculously low price w/o mention of what it really is.

No one is breaking the law, but the truth is getting stretched to the limit.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Up badging.... one thing to upgrade the looks of an SXT to an SRT or RT... but... some folks on this forum will tell you the line you do not cross is putting SRT and 392 badging on a V6 car.

To each his own.. but... again... the vast majority of folks on this forum will beat you up for that part.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
He didn't go far enough, steering wheel, front spoiler and halogen lights give it away, as would the sound. I don't like fakes.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I hate up-badging so much. If you want a 392 then go buy one. Don't fool people into thinking you own one when we all know you don't. Same goes for the R/T. Don't up-badge to an R/T or from an R/T to an SRT. It's wrong and should be illegal!!!!!

Reminds me of the movie Mall Cop with Kevin James. "You're gonna pull up, left hip forward, placing your right hand on your away hip thusly, giving the illusion that you have a gun. Which, of course, we both know you don't."
But in this case, it's "you're gonna pull up, windows down, pointing to the 392 badge on your side panel thusly, giving the illusion that you own a 392. Which, of course, we both know you don't."

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
When I grow up !

Hello,

Am a 2012, Black, V6, SXT, Challenger. When I grow up I want to be just like my older Brother "R/T" and my Dad "SRT".

Right now am learning to "Walk the Walk" and "Talk the"Talk".

I know I have the looks to make this happen "Good looks run in my family"

My current owner has taken very good care of me and has given me a place to live, But now am up for adoption.

( If cars could talk)....:lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's idiots like this guy that give the rest of the SE/SXT owners a bad name.

I have a 2013 SXT. I am very happy with it. Sure, I have done a few cosmetic things to it, but "upbadging" to blatantly commit FRAUD isn't one of my mods and crosses a line that no one can argue.

In this case, the fool didn't even change the front spoiler, so apparently this ability to defraud onlookers and buyers was limited by this wallet.

In my opinion, you can change anything you want on the car (stripes, wheels, spoiler, etc), except the actual badging. Don't label it an R/T or SRT-8 unless it is.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
SXT is a great car, respect it for what it is. Upbadging is for pre-pubscent wannabes.

·
Registered
373 Posts
don't get me wrong the car looks pretty good, but up badging is wrong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts