Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 5.7, CAI and Mopar exhaust - what would this do for me, if anyhting?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dont waste your money.

Nada.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Get yourself a Predator tuner and a 180 thermostat, it will be a fraction of the cost with better results.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get yourself a Predator tuner and a 180 thermostat, it will be a fraction of the cost with better results.
Just to be clear - I am not certain what a throttle body spacer is supposed to do, but they were around 80 dollars. Maybe installation is expensive?

My limited knowledge of Predator tuners is that they are around 250 and I am in complete ignorance of what a 180 thermostat would do, but surely it isn't free...

But I am ready and eager to be schooled -

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
My bad, I see what you're asking about after reading your ? again. The spacer is not going to yield any considerable benefit. Unless you're talking about intake manifold spacers. Those will isolate heat transfer from the heads to the intake whereby intake air is kept cooler, therefore increasing performance.

BTW, the 180 thermostat is a simple modification added to the cooling system to drop the coolant temps to allow the engine to run cooler. If you add this mod you will also need to modify the radiator fans operating on/off zone. All in all, this will yield a pretty good amount of HP for the money. Granted I have not put the car on a dyno yet, but I can tell you that for the 300.00 or so I've spent on those two mods I've added about 30 to 40 HP and about the same in TQ. This is just a guess but I bet I'm close.

·
Vendor
941 Posts
According to the manufacturers the throttle body spacers are supposed to give you 5hp on the lower rpm's and better fuel mileage. Is this true? Who knows. They do give you a nice whistling sound under the hood, though. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pedators and such

Larry,

If interested, PM me. We can get together and discuss this, I have a Predator you can play with, I switched over to the Trinity.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
waste of money

·
Registered
39 Posts
alamochally do you think the trinity is worth the money?
I love the Trinity, easier to use and faster to log than the Predator. SRT5939 posts that it is a waste of money, but he is not in my shoes. He just takes his car and gets it tuned. I don't have that option. My tuning has to take place via e-mail, as I am in the middle of nowhere. In order to e-mail tune, I had to log the wideband. The Trinity was my choice of logging.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Alamochally, I just thought SRT5939 was talking about the TB spacer not about your choice to use a Trinity???

I love the Trinity, easier to use and faster to log than the Predator. SRT5939 posts that it is a waste of money, but he is not in my shoes. He just takes his car and gets it tuned. I don't have that option. My tuning has to take place via e-mail, as I am in the middle of nowhere. In order to e-mail tune, I had to log the wideband. The Trinity was my choice of logging.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alamochally, I just thought SRT5939 was talking about the TB spacer not about your choice to use a Trinity???
If that is the case, then I apologize. However his post came immediately after a post asking me about the Trinity.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
If that is the case, then I apologize. However his post came immediately after a post asking me about the Trinity.
I'm pretty sure he was speaking about the TB spacer..you know what the threads topic is about? lol ;)

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Ok, I consider my backside thoroughly kicked!
No backsides being kicked here. I was just saying :thumbsup:
I'd like a Trinity just for all the other features it includes, but I didn't have the money at the time of my predator purchase

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
To say that the T/stat added 30 HP is crazy, unless you added a tune, you did nothing.

You can BARELY get that from an exhaust and free flowing air filter.

Don't listen to this guy.
I'm assuming you're talking about me. If so, my first port mentioned the tuner as well as the T-Stat. I was just adding some more detail to my first port. For the record, it would be crazy to think that you can add 30 HP with just a T-Stat, you absolutely at the least have to add a canned tune and a CAI.. :)

BTW, I totally misread the OP first post. I took the content of the post not the title as the items the OP was asking about, this is why I my statement said it would cost a fraction of the money. Totally missed it, my bad.. :worried:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts