Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this come up a few times in some of the threads, not really 100% sure whats meant by it("the dealer doesn't have allocation for it").

I ordered a GWE a few weeks back so I am curious as to the meaning!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Not all dealers are created equal. Some will be able to order many cars per month ( be allocated), others few. Usually based on previous volume of sales though not always.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I think it means that dealers are "allocated" a certain number of each model of car. For instance, a dealer may get unlimited SE's but X number of R/T's and even less of the 392's.

This number may be based on previous sales volume. It's a valid reason why a dealer may refuse to allow a car on their lot DX'd (transferred to another dealer for their sale) in exchange for say a model they can't command a premium price for.

If any of this is in error, someone please chime in.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
A dealer will be happy to take your order knowing that they will not get the car at allllll(but will have your deposit}
You might have ordered your car where the dealer sells mostly Trucks and Suv's.Then most likely he will not get the car you want.
Find a dealer that mostly sell cars
Better yet find the car you want on a dealers lot and you will not
be complaining months from now about not knowing whats going on with your order. And the dealer mightttt tell you that you will have to reorder a 2012 if you don't have your car by June..........JQ

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Dealers get an allocation for every model. Chrysler is very good about scheduling sold orders regardless of allocation for any model or trim package, but if a dealer abuses this they will be removed from priority scheduling. (This has only been the case since Fiat took the reigns)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts