Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for all!

What exhaust are you running on your RT?

I'm looking into getting a good mid to aggressive sound exhaust.

I have a Challenger RT 5.7L 2015.

:)

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,792 Posts
I removed the stock mufflers and resos and replaced them with Jones mufflers:

Reactions: GalaxticLunatic

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,297 Posts
I am running long tube header (2" primaries), high flow cats, 2.5" corsa extreme with mid-mufflers replaced by straight pipe. However, also running a 6.2 cam which has more exhaust duration.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My 18 RT is stock and sounds amazing. I want to do the mid delete someday. I would do it today if I knew it wouldn't void my warranty or mess anything up.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
146 Posts
I made a comparison between stock, mid-muffler delete with stock manifolds, and full delete (no mid-muffler or resonators) with JBA shorty headers. I'm switching to long tube headers and 3" exhaust soon.

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,297 Posts
Yeah I did a comparison with corsa extreme (with and without mid muffler) with stock and long tube headers (2 inch primaries and high flow cats).
But that was with the 5.7 cam. The 6.2 cam I put in has higher lift and longer exhaust duration and it sounds sick with the mid mufflers removed. I am waiting for the AWE 3 inch exhaust (h-pipe not x) to come out which should make it even louder. My neighbor can hear me coming from a couple of blocks away.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts
2018 with the active exhaust. I feel it's plenty loud enough so not doing anything to it. Did add dual tips but that's it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Such an awesome place. I'm a very virgin drag racer, but this place is so cool. Counting the days until it opens back up

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
I just wish my would idle like this but I know driveability would suffer.

should not be too bad with a hi stall converter. That is exactly what I want, I do not care too much about drive ability, as long as it will pull the front wheels leaving a red light. Do you think it would require a Vacuum Reservoir?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,471 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
107 Posts
I run factory SRT shorty headers with the SRT factory mids/cats and a 3" Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust system, works great and it will pass an emissions test as well! Have had my '12 R/T w/5.7 hemi and 6 speed manual trans for almost 8 years now and 120K miles later, hauls a$$ and exhaust has a very healthy bark to it when driven through the gears briskly.
Works for me!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bbk shorties, solo catback, 392 cam. This was before the solo high flow cats. Cats made a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,220 Posts
I ran a Flowmaster Force II cat back on my 2010 R/T for the 10 years I owned it. Near perfect to my ears....

Reactions: NiteFlyer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question for all!

What exhaust are you running on your RT?

I'm looking into getting a good mid to aggressive sound exhaust.

I have a Challenger RT 5.7L 2015.

:)
I have an 18 Charger RT. It’s sounded great stock. I did the mid muffler delete, and it sounds 10 times better!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts