Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 dodge challenger srt8 (manual) and was wondering what exhaust most of you guys run? I had a chrysler 300c previously and had a catback borla on it which i liked but i want something a little more aggressive.
I am cut in between corsa and magnaflow...what do you guys think??

ran into this on you tube and am absolutely in awe....

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I just purchased a 2010 dodge challenger srt8 (manual) and was wondering what exhaust most of you guys run? I had a chrysler 300c previously and had a catback borla on it which i liked but i want something a little more aggressive.
I am cut in between corsa and magnaflow...what do you guys think??

ran into this on you tube and am absolutely in awe....
YouTube - 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6spd Corsa Exhaust Run
Corsa is the way to go. Quality USA!!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Corsa is a great option...my personal favorite is MBRP though

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm very happy with Zoomers. Some very good videos on YouTube as well. I found it to be a tough decision since there are so many nice systems out there.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Im personally going with a side exit system, but i think mbrp sounds awesome, and jba sounds great and has a great price, also that mastershaft one sounds fu(k!n wicked.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Mbrp released a new system for the 6-speed that gets rid of the drone issue. If I didn't get the Magnaflow comps, I would have gone the MBRP route. It is deep and mean.

·
Registered
474 Posts
There are many threads on this topic and many vids you can watch and listen to. Corsa is clearly the high cost spread and you could argue that their quality warrants it but you might want to check the new kid on the block and the deal currently going on with Solo. Nice deep rumble at idle, pure scream if you hit it, and just a nice V8 note at cruise. Priced right at retail - potential better pricing with group buy discount that ends at the end of Feb.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I asked this question before and I listened to Rayzazoo and got MBRP.
I am glad I went this route. It sounds great and the tips look awsome and very much like 70's style tips. Check youtube for mbrp video clips.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I'm running the CORSA Sport cat-back exhaust on both of my Challengers. I recommend the CORSA Extreme since you are looking for something more agressive.

·
Registered
402 Posts
We are currently running a group buy on our new exhaust kits:) Feel free to check them out. They are drone free and dyno'd 19whp and 31wtq!!!!!

Steve
Could we see the Dyno graphs for an RT by any chance? I liked the video's on youtube so I am interested.

[EDIT] I found the thread with the dyno graph.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Could we see the Dyno graphs for an RT by any chance? I liked the video's on youtube so I am interested.
I just got the solo and put it on my rt this weekend. My car is parked for the winter - but I couldn't wait and took it out for a quick drive Sunday night and the solo sounds plain mean. I went with it to get rid of the drone I had with the Blastin Bobs glasspacks and still have a really aggressive sounding exhaust and this is definitely it. When cruising you can barely hear it in the car - there is none of the 6sp drone at 1500 - 1800 rpm in 6th, but get on it and man the sound just explodes. :bigthumb:

I don't have any performance delta yet, but honestly I would buy it for the great sound, great price and incredible quality - it looks gorgeous and fits literally perfectly. Very high build quality. The butt-dyno sure felt like there was more especially at mid range, punching it at 3k or so in 2nd or 3rd lit it up but it was like -15 celcius so pretty much no traction and I haven't driven the car in 4 months so compared to my winter beater it felt like a frikken rocket!

Hope that helps

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just got the solo and put it on my rt this weekend. My car is parked for the winter - but I couldn't wait and took it out for a quick drive Sunday night and the solo sounds plain mean. I went with it to get rid of the drone I had with the Blastin Bobs glasspacks and still have a really aggressive sounding exhaust and this is definitely it. When cruising you can barely hear it in the car - there is none of the 6sp drone at 1500 - 1800 rpm in 6th, but get on it and man the sound just explodes. :bigthumb:

I don't have any performance delta yet, but honestly I would buy it for the great sound, great price and incredible quality - it looks gorgeous and fits literally perfectly. Very high build quality. The butt-dyno sure felt like there was more especially at mid range, punching it at 3k or so in 2nd or 3rd lit it up but it was like -15 celcius so pretty much no traction and I haven't driven the car in 4 months so compared to my winter beater it felt like a frikken rocket!

Hope that helps
That's good to know. They claim 29 hp and 31 torques on thier dyno

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Installed the CORSA Xtreme on my 09 R/T and love it,...no drone and screams when you get on it.Having said that the new MBRP no drone system also sounds great and has more of a deep throaty growl.Both great systems.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
We are currently running a group buy on our new exhaust kits:) Feel free to check them out. They are drone free and dyno'd 19whp and 31wtq!!!!!

Steve
19 rwhp that's funny right there!

Corsa Extream gets my vote, picking a catback is all about sound don't fall for performance claims. It's a nominal Performance gain at best.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I put the solo on mine. Let me tell you it is awesome. No drone and sounds bad ass. At idle it sounds like you have an after market exhaust not like All the others it's the best one I have found yet. Your not paying for a name. It's the most affordable cat back out there. The quality is the best and the fit is dead on. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I put the solo on mine. Let me tell you it is awesome. No drone and sounds bad ass. At idle it sounds like you have an after market exhaust not like All the others it's the best one I have found yet. Your not paying for a name. It's the most affordable cat back out there. The quality is the best and the fit is dead on. You will not be disappointed.
^^^ what he said

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I personally am ordering the new American Racing Headers Exhaust tomorrow. They don't show up on ARH site yet, but they do have a few videos of them on a white Challenger on the site doing a drive away and a drive by. Sound awesome in the vids and are made totally of T-304 Stainless. Not cheap...but nothing worth a [email protected]#t ever is!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts