Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys im in the market to upgrade my fuel pump as im already fbo and adding camshaft on E85 fuel currently, and would like to upgrade to a little more better safer pump?

What have you guys used? I was thinking a warlboro 450? Drop in

2016 challenger 5.7

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
You don't need a fuel pump, stock is fine

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
Sorry i forgot to post that im on e85 fuel
Ahh and I was just about to ask about that lol. I'm not on E but the 450 would be a good pump to use. Is it already running on E? Or you're switching over to it after the fuel pump

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh and I was just about to ask about that lol. I'm not on E but the 450 would be a good pump to use. Is it already running on E? Or you're switching over to it after the fuel pump
Im already on E but i dont think stock pump will be enough after dialing the cam ij installing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was seeing some oem 450s but my question was like would it be a hassle to remove stock fuel pump and replace it with a 450 drop in? I was hoping for someone chime in that have done something similar

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
I was seeing some oem 450s but my question was like would it be a hassle to remove stock fuel pump and replace it with a 450 drop in? I was hoping for someone chime in that have done something similar
I've seen some people who have done it and they've all said it's a great pump. It requires some modifying of the basket tho. Here's what I found-

"This is an inexpensive alternative fuel pump using mostly OE parts. This post is not intended to rehash a fuel basket pump install. There are several good threads with excellent instructions how to install and wire an aftermarket pump. I strongly recommend rewire to a relay. This pump exceeds the OE wiring.

I have this pump running E85 fuel on a 590 RWHP NA build. This is a centrifugal pump that is not as loud as the older Walbro 255lph pumps.

A Walbro 450lph E85 pump kit can be purchased on Ebay. Today's price $178.00

Walbro E85 Racing Fuel Pump F90000267 450LPH in Tank w Install Kit | eBay

Remove the existing OE fuel pump basket or purchase a used pump.

Remove the top of the basket.
Cut the OE pump from the fuel basket.
Use 3 zip ties to attach to the top of the basket.

Use a 4th zip tie and weave around the collar, after inserting the pump, tighten.

Drill a few holes in the flat side of the basket that faces the front of the car. Drill near the lowest point of the basket. I got a little carried away and drilled 5 holes.

Below, pump in the basket ready for the fuel level sensor to be attached and installed in the fuel tank.

I used channel locks to apply enough pressure to get the supplied connector to snap closed.

Enjoy!"- some guy on scatpackforums

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Very good info, I have an intake 450 that I’m going to be installing here in the near future. It should hold me over until I get the Fore dual pump setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts