Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my challenger used and it turns out it has limited slip, which I gather isnt stock. The gearing seems high so I think that is the 3:06 and I'm thinking about 3:55's or lower but would like to know what Rpm people are running at freeway speeds with these gears because mine is also a daily driver. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
3:06 and 2,200ish rpm

its the reason i dont swap to 3:91's....

the car needs a 6th speed to be at 1,500 rpm....i was shocked the first time i went on the expressway.....i thought back to my 1990 5.0 that was at 1,500 rpm with a 5 speed stick

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's where I'm at with the auto trans. I'd just like to get off the line faster, anyone with 3:55's and an auto trans?

·
Registered
12' SRT Challenger
20 Posts
im going thru same delema on my KB SRT, if i ldrop the hammer launching i roast the tires, if i try to roll out i get left at the line, call paramount transmissions, hes got nice kits that start out with 3:23, thats what i plan on using, hes got 3:55 set ups but i was reading somewhere at guys rpms and it was higher than i care to be at freeway speeds, bill will be able to tell you what rpm you should see at various speeds

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have a 09 SRT8 Auto was a 3.06 @ 80 mph turned 2450 rpm Now it has a 3.91 and @ 80 mph it turns 3050 rpm. By the way @ 70 mph it turns 2750 rpm's. I have to run 60 mph to get back down to 2450 rpm. I dont drive on interstates but a couple of times a year so it dont hurt me alot.
I think this was the best Mod I've done to my car, It's a blast to drive and picked the car up 9 tenth's in the Qtr.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
6 SPD manual 3.92 gears @ 1700 RPMs

·
Registered
629 Posts
The NAG1's overdrive 5th gear is only a .83 ratio. Too high, it should be more like a .70 to be useful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts