Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All of us here maybe somewhat unrealistic in our fantasy. I for one am "obsessed" w/the Challenger, I have been a long time M3/M5 owner as well a sprinkling of Porsche Carreras over the last few years. It only took one look at the new Challenger and all of a sudden my 71 Challenger memories came screaming back into my head. I daily fantasize about the Challenger and hope and pray for it's long overdue return. I will park the M's in the garage and reserve them for track time only while the Challenger takes over my as my DD.

Now w/that said what will happen if we get news in the next few months that DCX decides to make this project a NO-GO and closes the book on it. :eek: :( I mean I will personally feel like i had a close friend die suddenly and will take my "rage" out on any turbo Neon that gets near me. So just curious have you guys considered what you will feel if this happens??

Sorry for the big downer post .... and I just saw my title makes no sense, errrrrrr.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: What happens if this it does not produced ?

2 words

shooting rampage

dont arrest me it was a joke!

·
Registered
58 Posts

Simple for me, DC has not produced anything that has caught my eye, so I will stick with Honda products and my 2 Coronet's that I currently own.

I guess they (DC) will not get my $35K to $45K, I know Honda will take it.

I don't like this thread, but I guess we all need to face the reality of what if??

ScottyJ :cool:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ScottyJ said:
Simple for me, DC has not produced anything that has caught my eye, so I will stick with Honda products and my 2 Coronet's that I currently own.

I guess they (DC) will not get my $35K to $45K, I know Honda will take it.

I don't like this thread, but I guess we all need to face the reality of what if??

ScottyJ :cool:
I told ya it was a downer, btw I saw the new Civic Si today in white, I was very impressed. I came up behind it and thought is was a new Acura or Accord Coupe. Very impressive, I have an 97 Accord EX V6 and love it.

·
Registered
28 Posts

ErikM3 said:
I will personally feel like i had a close friend die suddenly and will take my "rage" out on any turbo Neon that gets near me.
:rolleyes: Good one!

I'm with you. I've been obsessed with this car since it was unveiled at the Detroit auto show. It is so cool and the market seems to be so ready for it that it would be a major disappointment if DCX was to pull the plug on it.

I guess I would just stop believing..... Toyota here I come ...:eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts

Charger SRT8
or
Audi S4/S6
or
?????

Not trying to be too optomistic but I feel very certain they will be making it.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

E-Body said:
Charger SRT8
or
Audi S4/S6
or
?????

Not trying to be too optomistic but I feel very certain they will be making it.
Alot of us on M3Forum are fearing the RS4, that is one mean a$$ ride. If I need a 4door, the RS4 would be it.

·
Registered
128 Posts

ErikM3 said:
Alot of us on M3Forum are fearing the RS4, that is one mean a$$ ride. If I need a 4door, the RS4 would be it.
Of course I would have said that but the price would be a bit of a problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts

What? Are you some sort of Nazi, trying to crush our dreams? ;) This thread is pure propaganda, I demand it be deleted!!!!;) ;)

I'll go to plan B and do the Charger Daytona in ToRed. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts

Thats just crazy talk. The decision I'll wager has already been made. I finally saw a Shelby GT 500 on a local Ford lot and it hit me like a slap in the face, both the Challenger and the 6.4L hemi are done deals. I mean crimany they have to be, with the GT putting out a pavement buckling 475 hp. Do you honestly think DCX is just gonna stand there staring at the huge gauntlet sitting on the ground when there's so much money to be made? ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts

No Challenger = Global Thermonuclear War.:mad:

But hey, that's just the answer to your question. Because DCX WILL build this Challenger. Your only worry will be how long do you have to wait for how much over MSRP?:p

·
Registered
748 Posts

ErikM3 said:
I told ya it was a downer, btw I saw the new Civic Si today in white, I was very impressed.
Vomit smilie. I need a vomit smilie...:eek:

The Civic is way to Prius looking to me. I grew up with cars. As in, this is the hood, this is the trunk, etc. Most new Japanese cars just look like blobs of weird lines and details to me. I don't understand their design philosophy at all.

Lets see how many Japanese car designs I like:

Honda/Acura: NSX, S2000
Toyota/Lexus: None. I can't find a single one.
Nissan/Infiniti: Ditto. Name a car you like the looks of - I can't think of one. (OK! thought of one. I like the G35 coupe, but I'm not crazy about it like I am the Challenger, Camaro, Solstice, Viper...)
Subaru, Mitsu, Mazda: None.

I'm stumped. 6 major Japanese automakers with a huge combined world market share and i can only think of 2 models I like the looks of, one of which is being discontinued.

Is it any wonder I want a Challenger?

·
Registered
23 Posts

No Challenger and I visit the Ford Dealer. I have never purchased a Ford or any GM in my life. I was raised with Mopars but if Dodge can't wake up and smell the coffee, I will have to test drive a Mustang or maybe a Camaro. If neither of them do it for me then I will sink more money into my project cars a 67 Dodge Coronet Convertible and a 68 Dart.

·
Registered
712 Posts

Jimbo said:
Vomit smilie. I need a vomit smilie...:eek:
Here ya go
(that brings up a good point - administrators, moderators, whoever - we have GOT to get somemore smilies! 5thgen.org already has more than we do!
)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

I believe the Challenger will be built. BUT, just in case it doesn't, rest assured that DCX will NEVER have my business again. I have an 04 Ram Big Horn with the Hemi that I dearly love, but if DCX stiffs us on this car it'll be for sale in no time flat. I've always been a Mopar guy at heart, but in the 80s when Lee Iacocca turned virtually everything into a cheap K-car shitbox, I jumped ship to GM and have pretty much been there ever since. Chrysler has been on a roll lately and I see no signs of slowing down at all - bringing out the Challenger would further redeem themselves from the shitwagons they sold us in the 80s - and better late than never! :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts

They dont make this car and I think i will prolly suffer from a very long depression. I dont remember looking forward to something as much as I am looking forward to this car.

·
Registered
136 Posts

I will never buy anything but chrysler, if they don't build this car I will be very mad but hey I have waited this long for another 2-door sports car from dodge.

BTW, just because you bought an over priced pretty boy car (M3) don't hate on a car that is awesome for the price. I don't want people like you buying the challenger because you don't understand the mopar heritage. I may not have been around for the 60s and 70s but I have done my homework and been around the cars of those times for all of my life. I will support the brand in whatever way I can, if that means buying a 4-door turbo neon, that can beat everything that your japs can put up against it i will. Tired of all of these kids thinking that honda and nissan are the only way to get fast cars anymore. If I wanted to buy a slow pos with a fart pipe on it I can go to any mexican car lot and get one for about 5 grand. No, I want an american made fast car that is mo'powered, this means srt-4, when the challenger comes out it will be gone but untill then I see your honda and raise you a mopar.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Forget it. Car will be made.

The repercussions of them NOT making the car is too much. It would damage their hard won performance reputation.

LJB:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

blackarmy said:
2 words

shooting rampage

dont arrest me it was a joke!
Going postel
Kicking Ass
:D :D :D :D

But there is no way that this car is not going to be built.;)

·
Registered
65 Posts

M3SMG02 said:
Forget it. Car will be made.

The repercussions of them NOT making the car is too much. It would damage their hard won performance reputation.

LJB:rolleyes:
I think they will too. The way the concept car stunned everyone may have already pushed the go ahead button. I remember the 300 getting the same reaction in 2003 as a concept car, and it lead to DCX building almost the same car now. (and look how fast they got it on the market)

The only warning signs I see is if the 300-Charger-Magnum stops selling during this year due to high gas prices. That might give DCX second thoughts about building the Challenger. We gotta wait and see what happens, but I have a good gut feeling they will!

If they dont - I'll be very disapointed, but I'll proably buy another Jeep! DCX is still the best car company out there.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I feel that they'll come out with it. Especially since Chevy unveiled it's Camaro and Ford's comming out with it's 475hp Stang, Dodge had better get in the game, for the New Era of Muscle car wars. But.. i guess we have to face if.. if DC doesn't come out with the Challenger, there's gonna be alot of ticket off people, including me, i'll have to join BlackArmy on the shooting rampage! Jus kiddin..

1 - 20 of 117 Posts