Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some mention in a previous post about a performance increase after 3,750 miles (or around that number). I have a 2016 SRT 392 with only 2,500 mile on it. Should I be expecting some dramatic increase in performance after 3,750 miles?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
There was some mention in a previous post about a performance increase after 3,750 miles (or around that number). I have a 2016 SRT 392 with only 2,500 mile on it. Should I be expecting some dramatic increase in performance after 3,750 miles?
You used to see that posted about the 5.7L a few years back, I never noticed any difference on my R/T and on the SRT with over 14,000 miles no change noticed. The times posted by new Scat Packs and 392 don't seem to improve as the car passes that mileage number so don't think there is anything to that other than possibly after completely breaking in, the car might get a .10 or so quicker, even that might not happen. If it does improve, it certainly won't be anything dramatic like Dodge is holding back some of the power until a certain mileage number is reached, the 1/4 mile times and dyno numbers posted by guys here and elsewhere suggest that these cars make full power from day one at least as far as computer engine management is concerned.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have had two R/Ts and noticed a difference in power at about 4000 miles.Nothing dramatic but an improvement.What was also different was that the engine exhaust note sounded better and I have seen posts showing the video screen at a Dodge dealership repair facility verifying the 3750 mile unlock of the variable valve timing.I am old fashioned and babied both cars until they were past that mileage.I still drive mine pretty laid back but do lean on it now and again.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I felt no change in my Scat Pack after 3750 miles.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
On my 2015 R/T the exhaust note changed a little and it seemed a little more powerful. I heard and read about this and waited until after to delete my resonators and replace my mufflers. Because I want to see it it "did the trick" but alas it still was not muscle car enough sounding for me.

·
Registered
515 Posts
On my 2015 R/T the exhaust note changed a little and it seemed a little more powerful. I heard and read about this and waited until after to delete my resonators and replace my mufflers. Because I want to see it it "did the trick" but alas it still was not muscle car enough sounding for me.
Exhaust was really quiet on the 5.7s, especially the autos. Glad they fixed that, I love how they sound now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My R/T 5.7 6 speed for sure got louder around 7500 miles. Not long after that my rear-end dyno sensed to my brain that the R/T was and is snappier. No actual proof from a real dyno, but good enough for me.............and it is now averaging 25.5 MPG too boot when I drive "normal".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts