Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most reports say that they designers used the 1970 model for their main inspiration - yet the front grille (I think, anyway) definitely resembles a 1971 model much more than a 70... not that that's a bad thing, but hardly anyone else seems to have made note of this. What do you think?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought that too and then realized it was the standard mopar "crosshair" motif used on all modern dodges. Its a very good thing they made it so subtle. Another odd thing about the car is it looks like a Challenger from the front and back and a Cuda from the side, at least to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From a technical point...well, yeah, you're right. But when it comes down to brass tacks, does it really matter? 70 or 71 heritage, it doesn't matter to me. I still like the darn thing!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Heck, I just hope that DCX gives me the option of a 'Cuda-style grille and rear taillight assemblies, or the front grille/quad taillight assemblies similar to that of the '74 'Challenger'. :cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mike Penner said:
...then realized it was the standard mopar "crosshair" motif used on all modern dodges...
You're absolutely correct. This is also noted by Tom Tremont when pointing out some specific design features of the 'Challenger' concept during the Detroit Auto Show video.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts