Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if DCX pulls a "boring color choice" for the Challenger? Like the Magnum. I was only givin 3 color choices: black, silver, and some kind of candy maroon. So I walked away. Big question is: Would you still buy one if it wasn't offered in any "retro" colors?

·
Registered
492 Posts
wirewilly said:
What if DCX pulls a "boring color choice" for the Challenger? Like the Magnum. I was only givin 3 color choices: black, silver, and some kind of candy maroon. So I walked away. Big question is: Would you still buy one if it wasn't offered in any "retro" colors?
But...of course! :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just don't understand how we were offered 15 plus colors 36 years ago with prehistoric technology, and today with computers and supermanagement teams that have figured out how to get two workers to produce like five and they can't afford to buy more than 3 cans of paint!!!! Wirewilly's color pallet:
Plum Crazy, Sub Lime, Hemi Orange, Petty Blue, and of course VANISHING POINT WHITE !! just to name a few. My seven year old is sitting hear beside me and he says "Don't forget PINK!!"

·
Registered
492 Posts
Those 'good old days' were pre-EPA regs which have also subsequently contributed to some quality issues/concerns...remember 80's GMs and Fords with flaking hood, deck, and roof paint? :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
The design of the car is screaming for some bold colors. I think it would be a mistake for them to just offer the standard color lineup for this vehicle. They have to have some of the normal colors, because some people don't want a bright purple or pink car.

But because this is a two-door, pony car - flashy is part of the appeal. I would imagine that this car will get a pretty good array of color choices.

Besides, they already have Electric Blue Pearlcoat and Bright Yellow - so, some flashy colors are already available. I would definitely like blue or purple. Or the hemi-orange. All good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would most definatetly want a retro color of some type for my car, if they didn't have it available I would be very upset. But all in all I would still purchase one. No doubt.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mopartech426,
I'm with you. If they offered steel , bodycolored wheels with "dogdish" caps I would think I'd died and went to HEAVEN. Got your ears on, DCX?????? Let your ties down. Give us something to talk about for years to come. Steel wheels would be about 1/10 th the cost of aluminum ones.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
you make your own...

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yellow or Orange would be cool if it was like my 4th vehicle or something but since it would get more day to day use than I'd like I really would buy a more subdued color.

Something in a Gray/Dark Silver would be very nice.

Like Audi's Dolphin Gray....

·
Registered
492 Posts
MOPARTECH426 said:
I Think It Would Be Neat To Have Retro Wheels
I just discovered yesterday that American Racing still makes the 'Vector SE' wheels...like the ones that I had on my '74 'Challenger'. Hopefully, American Racing will offer their retro wheel series in the appropriate size, proper bolt pattern, as well as with the correct hub diameter and offset to fit the new 'Challenger' as well. :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts