Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6.4 Hemi with a 3.6 kenne bell looking to make low 700whp with room to grow. whats the best streetable high horsepower injector.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I have 80# fuel injectors on both of my Challengers. The stock fuel injectors were sent out and recalibrated to 80#s.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Try RC Engineering. They have great products and a HP Calc so you can properly size your injectors. www.rceng.com

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have a great set of custom 72lb injectors that we use on cars like yours. All are flow tested and ready to run. $530 and are stock height. They fit the KB blower perfectly. We made 820whp on a 3.6KB 426 with these injectors.

Tim C

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much to recalibrate your stock injectors? who did you send out to...

for the 72lb injector are those street friendly or more for drag as far as idle and part throttle. what brand and pm me if you can give me a better price i also need a fuel rail with an fittings hook up

·
Registered
266 Posts
how much to recalibrate your stock injectors? who did you send out to...

for the 72lb injector are those street friendly or more for drag as far as idle and part throttle. what brand and pm me if you can give me a better price i also need a fuel rail with an fittings hook up
They can't "recalibrate" injectors. They are a mechanical device. The injectors are reworked to increase nozzle flow.

Thats not the best way to go especially what you will have invested. Get properly sized injectors. With the Diablo CMR and any other tuning suite the fuel trims can be adjusted to decrease inj pulse width for idle and part throttle. So the ecu can stay happy. When the car goes from closed to open loop and boost is coming on the extra fuel from the injector now comes into play.

Did you map out the rest of your fuel needs? The stock fuel system will not make the grade for 700hp. You will need rails, in and return lines, fuel pump etc.

I assume you have a new forged engine also to park under your new injectors. If not you will have to turn the wick down on that baby.

FYI,
Marion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts