Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2010 R/T Challenger with little knowledge of all the wonderful varietals out there. Again, I have to say, this forum has opened my eyes to a new and exciting world.

Anyways, I live in a small area and there were only 2 Challengers on the lot, practically identical except my eventual purchase was orange w/manual, and the other was black w/auto, sunroof and remote start.

As I look at my sticker - I see I was lucky enough to have many options (I wouldn't have known at the time what to ask for), 20" rims, Track Pack, etc -

How do I know if she is a "Classic" version?

I use quotes for classic because I understand a true classic R/T is a 60/70 something.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your window sticker would say R/T Classic at the top if it is one. Also, you'll have dual stripes that run from the front of the front quarter past the rear windows, ending in RT. Other R/T models have short dual hood to fender stripes. Classics also have distinct chrome rims, not plastichrome rims.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The sticker does not say Classic, as far as I can tell. It does have the script emblems, has 20" Aluminum wheels - is that plastichrome?, and had a white RT stripe. It also had an orange deck lid spoiler - if someone wants that, let me know...

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
When you stand & stare at her, does she look like the most beautiful piece of machinery that man has ever created?

Then she's a classic. :pinklove:
Yea I totally get that. Hence my use of quotes. However - when I'm talking about the car to people who are knowledgeable, which I hope to be someday, I want to try and mind my P's and Q's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
.....and you pulled the factory stripes off for those, and the added the go wing to boot. I like the 70 stripe as long as it goes below the character line. I didnt mind the original go wing on the old cars, the new one seems slightly disporportionate to me or bad angularity or something. To each their own tho, enjoy your car, it WAS a classic. That is the great thing tho about self expressionism. We dont have to agree on everything, but we agree challengers are the shiznit.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.....and you pulled the factory stripes off for those, and the added the go wing to boot. I like the 70 stripe as long as it goes below the character line. I didnt mind the original go wing on the old cars, the new one seems slightly disporportionate to me or bad angularity or something. To each their own tho, enjoy your car, it WAS a classic. That is the great thing tho about self expressionism. We dont have to agree on everything, but we agree challengers are the shiznit.
Actually the stripes that are on it now are different. I didn't care for the flat black so now the stripes are very similar to what is on the 10 Mopars and is gloss.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, harsh. I think it looks pretty awesome. :bigthumb:
I was just talking to someone today about all the Challenger stripe possibilities.

For instance I think your wraparound stripes are very unique and cool. However, I really wanted a go wing and I think black accents on an orange care look good so I felt it led to a body length black stripe.

But Strobe and hockey stripes are cool - YOUR stripes look great! I would love to have hood stripes - but IMO that would be too much. So there ya go!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Nice lookin' ride. Stripe looks even better with the Go Wing IMO.

Here's everything that was in the Classic Package in 2010

Customer Preferred Package 27M $ 3,330
1-Year SIRIUS Radio Service
20-Inch x 8-Inch Aluminum Wheels
245/45VR20 BSW All Season
Performance Tires
276-Watt Amplifier
6 Boston Acoustics Speakers
Body-Color Exterior Mirrors
Dual Black R/T Side Stripes
Challenger Script Badge
For More Information, Call
1-888-539-7474
Functional Hood Scoop
Goodyear Brand Tires
Heated Front Seats
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Power Heated Mirrors with Manual Fold-
Away
R/T Group
SIRIUS Satellite Radio

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

All of those options are on the sticker (including the phone number). Some are then supplanted by options on the options... For example it lists a 276 watt amp, then later on lists a 368 watt amp w/ 7 Boston Acoustics w/subwoofer.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks!

All of those options are on the sticker (including the phone number). Some are then supplanted by options on the options... For example it lists a 276 watt amp, then later on lists a 368 watt amp w/ 7 Boston Acoustics w/subwoofer.
Yeah Dodge double lists things on the sticker a lot. Sounds like yours
is a pretty well loaded one. Great color too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I was just talking to someone today about all the Challenger stripe possibilities.

For instance I think your wraparound stripes are very unique and cool. However, I really wanted a go wing and I think black accents on an orange care look good so I felt it led to a body length black stripe.

But Strobe and hockey stripes are cool - YOUR stripes look great! I would love to have hood stripes - but IMO that would be too much. So there ya go!
I decided against a spoiler because I want more of a cruiser than a racer. I was inspired by the original 1970's stripe. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice looking car. From what I can tell, you said it had the script badges and from your avatar it looks like you have heritage wheels. I would say you have a classic, and a near fully loaded one at that. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Your build sheet should say for sure if it was built a classic.
ASJP R/T Classic You sure have all the signs that it is though.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
the 368w stereo option is the Sound group II option, also available as an upgrade. It will also list the stereo system you had before the sg2 option on the sticker.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the 368w stereo option is the Sound group II option, also available as an upgrade. It will also list the stereo system you had before the sg2 option on the sticker.
It did, thanks for the attention! Other listings were:

3.92 Rear Axle Ratio w/DEC & WP2 20" Wheels - which means?
Track Pak
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle - Are they usually a posi-spin?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts