Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please dont roast me for this one but what is the Tazer for specifically and does it void the warranty? I am in constant stop and go traffic where I live and wanted to see if eco mode will help me. I have plenty of fun on the weekends driving on those long abandoned roads. I saw that Tazer will unlock the eco mode and SRT drive modes but I guess I dont understand if it would void the warranty or if there is any downside.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Pretty sure it will not affect warranty. Many reviews of people really happy with it. Check out their web site...lots of info there for you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure it will not affect warranty. Many reviews of people really happy with it. Check out their web site...lots of info there for you.
I cant seem to figure out if it is reversible and whether it voids warranty. I did look at their website but since they want to sell them, I thought I would ask on the forums for honest opinions.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,891 Posts
I cant seem to figure out if it is reversible and whether it voids warranty. I did look at their website but since they want to sell them, I thought I would ask on the forums for honest opinions.
If loaded with the latest update, it can be married and unmarried from the car, and the dealer would be none the wiser it was ever installed. It is unlikely to void any warranties as all it does it unlock features already present in the head unit.

They'd be hard pressed to prove that you unlocking sport mode ruined your engine or transmission when there's thousands of other cars on the road using the same sport mode from factory on the same engine and transmission.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If loaded with the latest update, it can be married and unmarried from the car, and the dealer would be none the wiser it was ever installed. It is unlikely to void any warranties as all it does it unlock features already present in the head unit.

They'd be hard pressed to prove that you unlocking sport mode ruined your engine or transmission when there's thousands of other cars on the road using the same sport mode from factory on the same engine and transmission.
Excellent point. Thanks for the input. Appreciate it.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,891 Posts
Excellent point. Thanks for the input. Appreciate it.
Also, not sure if your name is any indication, but if you car is 2018 or newer it will have a protected OBDII port and you will need to buy the bypass, which goes in the trunk.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, not sure if your name is any indication, but if you car is 2018 or newer it will have a protected OBDII port and you will need to buy the bypass, which goes in the trunk.
Yep, 2018 SP!! thanks, I just looked that up on their website and it looks like it is a $50 addition but still seems worth it to me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
All you have to do now is justify spending $299 (Tazer + double bypass) to have Track Mode, ECO mode, line lock, light shows. cool down mode and a couple other minor goodies

·
Registered
98 Posts
From what I can research it's a really $$ Expensive, toy that does Nada for performance, let's the lights play silly games (why ?), & if you have a A8 you just use Sport Mode if you want to disable MDS...otherwise what real HP/MPG/etc. purpose does it really serve...answers/examples w/be very welcome to the un-informed, non-Kool-Aid drinking (read $ Stingy) bunch of us out here?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,758 Posts
If this was under $100, they'd sell a bunch more...

A Guy

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts