Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the original list of items listed under the IE has become pretty muddy and i am no longer sure what is going to be special about this special edition.

right now the only thing im sure of:

dash plaque
white w/blue striped seats
special body color/stripe combination's
$500 mopar bucks

is that it?

i originally believed it was a list of 10 things, but im coming to realize it really was just 3 things

are all SRT8's coming with quad exhaust, silver brushed metal center stack and body color accent grill?????

I can find things Dodge has released which say 'unique' behind 8 items, but i also see things Dodge released which list only 3

which is it? we have yet to see any photo's of a normal SRT8

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't believe so.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
the original list of items listed under the IE has become pretty muddy and i am no longer sure what is going to be special about this special edition.

right now the only thing im sure of:

dash plaque
white w/blue striped seats
special body color/stripe combination's
$500 mopar bucks

is that it?

i originally believed it was a list of 10 things, but im coming to realize it really was just 3 things

are all SRT8's coming with quad exhaust, silver brushed metal center stack and body color accent grill?????
I'm pretty sure these three things are unique to the IE as well. The only one I'm iffy about is the bright quad exhaust tips, although I imagine bright dual exahaust tips for non IE SRT8 is not far fetched and would be "different".

·
Registered
557 Posts
So basically...the inside and the outside are different.

That's good enough for me.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So basically...the inside and the outside are different.

That's good enough for me.
I'm okay with it as long as the dealer does not try to jerk me around on price. The differences really aren't worth the $1995 price hike to me, so unless I get close to invoice on the pricing, I'm just gonna walk.

- unique paint color choice: 0 cost difference
- special striping: maybe $100 more for going over the top
- unique rims: 0 cost difference, maybe $200 more if they're more expensive
- body color accent grill: $25 more--it's a simple dip in the paint vat, right?
- bright quad tipped exhaust tips: $25 more, *maybe*, if they are unique
- silver brushed metal center stack: $100 more, generous?
- $500 mopar bucks: it costs them wholesale or less, so my guess is $300
- custom white leather seats: $500 more?
- dash plaque: $5
- different color door panel inserts: 0 cost difference
- priviledge of getting your car first: priceless (oh wait, are they all getting built together?...)

So, at most $1255 in additional cost. If the rims are not unique, then that reduces my estimate to $1055.
$1055 in additional cost, yours for only $1995!

My estimates could be wrong of course.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm pretty sure these three things are unique to the IE as well. The only one I'm iffy about is the bright quad exhaust tips, although I imagine bright dual exahaust tips for non IE SRT8 is not far fetched and would be "different".

why do you think they are unique?

the rims arent, so why are the exhaust tips,interior trim and grill insert?

a better question....why dont we know for sure? originally i assumed everything on the brochure that was released 2 months ago was IE only...now im learning the keyword Dodge uses...'Unique'....the problem im having is they have used the word Unique and also skipped the word Unique in different places....i found places where the word 'unique' was used on the rims, but now were finding out that the rims are not Unique....so im assuming most of the things on that brochure were misleading...

looking at the brochure 'body colored accent grille' is listed below dual body stripes and 392 hemi fender badge and under it is listed Forged SRT wheels.....so why do you think the body colored accent grill is unique to the IE? everything around it is not....and the word 'unique' is not used behind it......i think that brochure should have listed 4 items...it lists 11....only 4 are IE only (or so it appears right now to me)

will the regular SRT have the Mopar decal?

RS can you please verify what is 'unique' about the IE392?

im hoping its more than 4 items...the 11 from the brochure would have been nice...im still glad i ordered my IE392 i cant wait until its in my garage, but its not the car i ordered 2 months ago..that brochure was the car i ordered....white seats were not the main reason, but it may be all i have left thats limited about the car....those other 7 items may only be limited for a month until they start building regular SRT8's

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm okay with it as long as the dealer does not try to jerk me around on price. The differences really aren't worth the $1995 price hike to me, so unless I get close to invoice on the pricing, I'm just gonna walk.

- unique paint color choice: 0 cost difference
- special striping: maybe $100 more for going over the top
- unique rims: 0 cost difference, maybe $200 more if they're more expensive
- body color accent grill: $25 more--it's a simple dip in the paint vat, right?
- bright quad tipped exhaust tips: $25 more, *maybe*, if they are unique
- silver brushed metal center stack: $100 more, generous?
- $500 mopar bucks: it costs them wholesale or less, so my guess is $300
- custom white leather seats: $500 more?
- dash plaque: $5
- different color door panel inserts: 0 cost difference
- priviledge of getting your car first: priceless (oh wait, are they all getting built together?...)

So, at most $1255 in additional cost. If the rims are not unique, then that reduces my estimate to $1055.
$1055 in additional cost, yours for only $1995!

My estimates could be wrong of course.

why do you think the exhaust tips, grill color and brushed center stack are unique to the IE?

it doesnt cost them anymore if they are standard on the SRT8

i think the seats cost them more than $500

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
huggytree, I am going to be nice here.

Why don't you just pass on the car if this bothers you so much?

None of the modern Challengers will be worth anything until 2050, so get a color you want and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
huggytree, I am going to be nice here.

Why don't you just pass on the car if this bothers you so much?

None of the modern Challengers will be worth anything until 2050, so get a color you want and enjoy.

by 2050 we will be owned by China and they will have taken my car away and will be using it to help plow the fields for the good of the people

i know im being a negative guy lately...ill still take the car, gladly......but I think Dodge may have mislead us...just bringing it to everyones attention and looking for a final REAL list of whats going to be limited about my car...you always wanted a white car, so the IE thing is just a nice extra for you..you dont care about the stripes or even want them...my first choice would have been Sublime, not white....i was sold on the total package of limited/unique things....

my car should be done being built next week and im in the final stages of getting finances together and a final contract signed....ill stick with the car even if the don johnson seats are the only limited thing....i always loved the white/blue stripes...i like the original Pontiac T/A and always thought that was a cool look...

if they put don johnson seats and dash plaques in every SRT8 im going postal though

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Might want to check the "who ordered a 392?" thread!!!!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
"Dukes of Hazzard" sequel

What's so special about the LE over other 392 2011's? Okay, I wasn't suppose to let the cat out of the bag here (meow) but...

Rumor has it John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard fame) ordered 1 after selling his '08. Something about him wanting to grab a LE before a "Dukes of Hazzard" sequel featuring the new white w/blue and blue w/white stripe Challengers become public knowledge.

With 500 being bought up for the television series, all the remaining cars will more than double in price overnight. Double in price this Sunday night (12/19/2010) to be exact.

* side note - dealers who have completed contracts on file, please disregard the above mentioned information

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
What's so special about the LE over other 392 2011's? Okay, I wasn't suppose to let the cat out of the bag here (meow) but...

Rumor has it John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard fame) ordered 1 after selling his '08. Something about him wanting to grab a LE before a "Dukes of Hazzard" sequel featuring the new white w/blue and blue w/white stripe Challengers become public knowledge.

With 500 being bought up for the television series, all the remaining cars will more than double in price overnight. Double in price this Sunday night (12/19/2010) to be exact.

* side note - dealers who have completed contracts on file, please disregard the above mentioned information

Uh oh...first person who asks where my confederate flag is or if I'm a redneck is getting shot with my 30-06. :armed::jester:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Considering they want a grand for Redline 3 coat paint...putting 2 up for blue pearl and seat covers which would cost you about 1300 from katzkin sounds like a decent deal to me. Now lets consider the other colors available on the 392 for 2011. Black (meh ok), Silver(supposed to be some kinda gunmetal color..not in my garage man!), Toxic Orange (puke), and Redline red (no fire engine red!? are you kidding me!?). Oh and don't get me started on the standard stripe color options. Silver, Gray, Black!? ..the IE paint jobs are def. the best color options for the year.

-VAGRANT

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Considering they want a grand for Redline 3 coat paint...putting 2 up for blue pearl and seat covers which would cost you about 1300 from katzkin sounds like a decent deal to me. Now lets consider the other colors available on the 392 for 2011. Black (meh ok), Silver(supposed to be some kinda gunmetal color..not in my garage man!), Toxic Orange (puke), and Redline red (no fire engine red!? are you kidding me!?). Oh and don't get me started on the standard stripe color options. Silver, Gray, Black!? ..the IE paint jobs are def. the best color options for the year.

-VAGRANT
Yes, but you're not paying for the seats in the first place and then adding seat covers.
Also, the white and DWB are not $1000 tri-coat options--they cost the same as any other non $250-extra or $1000-extra "special" colors.

I honestly think the seats are the most expensive part.
I'm willing to pay the extra to get a nice (IMO) color combo. My only point is that I don't value the combination so highly that I will have trouble walking away if I don't like the dealer's pricing.

I actually like the new orange. I've seen it in person on some jeeps and it looks pretty good. I love the look of black, but would never want to own it because of the upkeep. The redline is too red for me, but I haven't seen it in person so I can't be sure. I'd probably go for the orange or billet metallic, although I'd like to see the billet metallic in person first.

I saw a tungsten w/black stripes and it looked really sharp. I imagine the billet metallic may be similar.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Pretty sure the rims , the quad tips , silver radio bezel , seats will not be used on the Regular SRT
BB might wanna check the rims. When ordering my redline SRT 8 you are able to order the WPA rims. Also checked the information thread and its posted there as an orderable option according to RS. Not only that but when talking to Bob F. he also verified you can order the rims as an option. The other items I am not sure of. Seems there is lots of confusion of what you can or cannot get (though were all challenger owners and should appreciate the fact we all have great cars):bigthumb:

I went back thru resumespeed (RS) Information thread and here is what he states about rims and the differences that I could find on his post as of today:

OPTIONS:

1. 20X9.0 ALUMINUM WHEELS (WPA) (included with 392 Edition Group)
(this means to me that the option exsist for standard SRT 8's the same rims which are INCLUDED in the 392 IE pretty clear)

IE392 Unique Items:

BRIGHT WHITE (392 Edition Group only)
DEEP WATER BLUE PEARL (392 Edition Group only)
LEATHER-TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS W/STRIPES (392 Edition group only)

Have not found anything about the mopar 500 buck deal nor was it mentioned when I ordered my Redline SRT 8 so cannot comment with clearity on that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought the rear quarter windows were to be etched or something when all this began, anyone else remember this?
Greg

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I thought the rear quarter windows were to be etched or something when all this began, anyone else remember this?
Greg
You are correct sir!:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts