Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stop at a Toyota dealership today because a Silver R/T catches my eye.
Manual, has a HURST chrome and "8 Ball" Shifter.....Catch can....MOPAR CAI..some tasteful interior mods, 2014 model
Very clean 46,000 miles info sticker says "RT PLUS"

I look at the motor and it has "392" valve covers on the motor??

All info on the stickers on the car say "5.7" copy of window sticker in glove box says 5.7

My question is do those "392" valve covers fit a 5.7??
I didn't think they did? Did the previous owner swap motors??

OR does this Toyota dealership not know what they have?
They are asking $21,900

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts
Yes, the half covers will fit the 5.7 as well ;) What you have is a pretender :)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,380 Posts
Former owner was desperately wanting to have a 392. Hope he didn't drive it like he wished it had more power as well...
I may be out in left field here, but there's a certain air of dishonesty that goes with posers. Being a poser is not a good thing and it's looked at with disdain on this forum and most others as well. And with good reason, pretending your car is something that it's not isn't much different than pretending that you yourself are something that you're not.
When I look for cars to buy, I'm looking for any clue I can find that the former owner was dishonest or could not be trusted. I don't like buying cars from people that don't seem trustworthy. If they're dishonest with the things I can see, what about all the stuff I can't see? This would be a red flag for me.
On another note, RT Plus would mean it had heated and ventilated seats if it were a 2015 or newer, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think the 14's had this. Your summers get pretty hot. Those ventilated seats are amazing in the summer. Something to think about?

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Check the 8th letter of the VIN

T = 5.7L

J = 392

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts
You can definitely install a catch can with the stock engine cover

But need the correct bracket. Maybe the original owner didn't know they made half covers with 345 or Powered By Mopar markings :p

A Guy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the replys guys!

Even though it was a poser model it was SUPER clean..it was a RT Plus after doing more research....couldn't find a scratch on it and it.....I didn't go for it because the dealer wouldn't budge on the price.
Dealer claims it was a hard car to take in because the guy who sold it to them it in was going through a divorce and the dealer said according to the court they had to cut half the money in a check to the soon to be Ex.
Dealer claims the guy almost cried signing the papers.

Looking at a 2009 RED RT Manual with 99,000 miles for $15,500 asking price tomorrow.

I need to make sure the timing chain recall was done am I right??

Of course I'll check the rockers for rust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts