Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
12,739 Posts
Mopar stage one springs will lower approx 1.2 inches, anything more than that you will need suspension components, possibly control arms etc, once you pass the 1.5 inch correcting the alignment becomes somewhat of an issue, be prepare to spend a healthier junk of money or destroy tires in a hurry
Luke

·
Vendor
12,739 Posts
the other issue is you will have a hard time clearing obstacles, mine is lowered approx 1.5 and pulling into and out of driveaways, speed bump is done at a crawl and I have to be choosey where i go and dont
Luke

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,976 Posts
If you are going to replace the springs, you are going to have to remove the shocks in the process. I don't know if the Redline has upgraded shocks over the std ones that come on the SE/SXTs, but if it doesn't (and does have the std SE/SXT shocks) then I would strongly suggest you replace the shocks while doing springs.

Anything is better than the OE shocks, but the Bilsteins that come on the SRTs are definitely worth looking at for an upgrade.

Besides, the std shocks are expecting std ride height. With lowered ride height (from lowering springs), the std shocks will be operating out of their "comfort zone".

So using shocks that are meant to be run at that lowered configuration is really going to be the best way to go, from a comfort standpoint and a performance standpoint.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
H&R's lower the car 1.7 inches and can still be aligned within spec. I've been lowered for 7K miles and there is literally no uneven tire wear at all.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
so with the Mopar Stage 1, nothing else is needed except springs? I didn't think about the clearance issue. Thanks for the head's up.
I think Luke is referring to more agressive lowering than the Stage 1's. I have Stage 1's, and clearance hasn't been a big concern. Every once and a while, but not always on my mind.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I lowered my Redline with Eibach Sportlines which dropped it 1.5-2"
I never did actual measurement on my own car but the drop is pretty significant.
I am right on the edge of alignment with the rear camber being at 1.5deg.
So far so good, no issues yet and its been about 4K miles, gotta be a little more careful of driveways and speed bumps but nothing major.
Huge difference in handling and the ride isn't uncomfortable at all.
As far as I remember the Redlines do come with better shocks and springs than the standard SXT's so this might be why.
If you ask me I would recommend the Eibach springs.

The best price i got was from http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/eibach-sportline-lowering-springs
But i was in a rush to get them, the link above is the exact springs i got. I will post a picture in a minute once i upload it to photobucket.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Installed Eibach Pro Springs in mine with the OEM SXT shocks. Ride is a little firmer than stock and 1.5" lower. No real camber issues. Corners OK but better sway bars would help.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Couldn't be happier with my Mopar Stage Ones. Nothing extra needed, just install and check the alignment, as one should.

Great ride quality, better handling, and killer stance.

Four springs and done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts