Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing delivery problems from Razor's Edge but I have been waiting on three separate suspension parts for OVER 6 MONTHS

They keep promising delivery but never come through

They are as bad or WORSE than Saleen

Beware before placing an order with these guys!

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
This was my experience with them nearly 2 years ago.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...ipping-communication-problems-resolved-89371/

Texting Paul and telling him that I would be filing a dispute with my bank/CC if I didn't get my parts seemed to help when just calling did nothing. I don't know if you have any recourse with your bank 6 months later, but you can always file a claim in small claims court, or at least let him know that you will be doing so if you don't receive your parts or a refund within X days.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
same here; a bunch of hardware stuck with REM; for weeks; back ordered; the guy i think got married, traveled, then recently was out again

life is good in Florida; i have been at it w/ my suspension order for 2 months at least; thankfully I am not in a rush but forget about people that are planning ...that royally sucks

they are the only one to provide such hardware for the challenger so you have it; take it or leave it or go with Spohn suspension and call it a day

ODP

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I've been carless for months now and every time it's a different story with him. Said he would call back last week on Monday that day and never did call. I then left him a message two days later to call me and have still not heard from him. Then he gives very vague answers when products will be available. First he said they just need to be coated (anodized) and then changed his story and said they had to be machined first, now he's saying they have to be coated. I'm getting the run around like most of you. Rather than calling the shop and seeing when they will be done, he would say "they'll be ready when they are done." No doubt the products are good, but this waiting is ridiculous. Bumming rides to work daily, and now at the point of having to take a bus to work is not making things better.

Vacation, marriage, etc etc are not excuses to make when you are in BUSINESS. If he were a buddy working on my car I would have more understanding. With any business your customer must be first, and in the event of personal matters there should be someone else at the helm. If he's having trouble making and selling products stick to one thing and let another entity sell the product for you. Know your limits.

Not a bashing here, just honest feedback from paying customers who need parts for their car. I hope this can be taken constructively so that things go smoother for Razor's Edge. They got great products, they just need to work on their customer service and speed BIG time.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
just spoke to Paul the owner; to re-assure everyone all is well; just upgrades of the production plant, move of the offices, running production, sales, quality, phone downs, etc... Paul told me that he had to upgrade as production could not keep up

lesson learn is for me that we are a small community and for the Challenger, not many peeps in this country are devoting tons of R & D and money in machinery to design and produce and sell the stuff we want for our endearing cars

heck if we wanted a Camaro or a Mustang the market is affluent, but i can tell you that waiting 2 months at the end is ok because what REM makes is IMO second to none; the hardware is impeccable, the design is right

ok delivery, customer management is may be not up to par but at the end when i adjust my rear control arms to the right camber, look at my tower braces in bright red and my front A arms that i am about to install with EIBACH coil over on all 4 corners, i am filled with compassion;

i told Paul to keep up the good work, congratulated him on the great designs and he was forthcoming in helping me tune my car for the track and so forth

word to the wise, sometimes patience does pay

i know i have strides to make in that department....lol

indeed no bashing but as OmahaRumble says the constructive feedback needs to be taken in consideration especially when your car is jacked up for weeks at a time and you can't drive the beast...

Cheers

ODP

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
ok lost my entire text on this POS browser window....wtf....

Spoke to Paul moments ago; tons of upgrade on production, facility, move, phone not working in one location and lots of order to make, with some technical issues on a part that he had to address

i have compassion for the man; overall it is great design and his work is second to none so waiting is unfortunately the thing to do and I appreciate it is unbearable for some

wished him the best and to keep up the good work; he was very open and apologetic;

to me this a genuine entrepreneur who is working hard to make a bit of cash with a small, medium sized business in a niche market segment that is very limited in size and uncertain on product demand, etc....

patience, patience, patience

ODP

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I appreciate what you are saying O_Racing but those are all excuses instead of answers. If he is a business man selling a product, having people wait half a year for something is just bad planning and poor customer service. The worst part is the utter ambiguity, vagueness, and lack of follow through with simple things such as return a phone call. If you can't stand the heat, better out of the kitchen. Part of running a good business is have a contingency plan for these sort of things. If a guy is running out of his basement, then that would be a different story. I'm sure Paul means well and I have no doubt he is a brilliant engineer, but this is stepping out of his bounds. Selling and producing items are two TOTALLY different things. To be constructive, I think a better alternative would be to make the products and leave selling/distribution purely to another entity. He would make more money this way plus be able to keep up with demand and focus on what he does best. The whole point of selling a product is to have it readily available to the public for use. The demand is there, but the supply is weak.

He has lost me as a customer. I am cancelled my pre-order and will have to live without those arms. It's too bad, because I would of gladly spent the money to get them, but this whole situation has soured my attitude towards buying any more of these parts. I already have the tension arms by him and will get them installed tomorrow. That along with the sway bar end links should *reduce* wheel hop. If I still have a little bit, it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: GreeninTN
1 - 7 of 7 Posts