Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12k, 18k, 24k?...

Aside from the cost of regular oil changes, do you get robbed on labor costs for the inspections? What's the 411?

·
Registered
285 Posts
12k, 18k, 24k?...

Aside from the cost of regular oil changes, do you get robbed on labor costs for the inspections? What's the 411?
Yes, routine inspections are a total rip off. Check your owners manual to see what fluids, plugs, filters etc. are changed and have only those items changed if you can't do it yourself. Most of the routine items are check brakes, check suspension etc. that they don't do. Basically, oil and filter, plugs, differential oil, air filter are about the only items that you should change for the first 100K miles. Again, check you owners manual.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I had intended to have actual parts refills sorts of work be done through a different channel. What I am concerned about is how much they charge to perform the routine inspections only, like brakes, axle fluid, cvt condition, exhaust system condition... Should I still take it to the dealer for that stuff, and how much do "inspections" cost, I wonder?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts