Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys can someone explain what srt mode is on the tazer? I've heard about people getting the airbag light when srt mode is activated. I want to purchase the tazer for line lock and the performance pages. Is that the same as srt mode?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,727 Posts
The Tazer can unlock SRT Drive modes including Track, Valet, ECO (2015-18 Scat Pack), enable factory Sport Mode (5 speed and 8 speed), SRT EVIC Performance pages, and SRT performance pages* in the Uconnect radio

*Uconnect performance pages on 8.4″ Uconnect only (2012-2014). EVIC SRT menu and Sport Mode are available on the 4.3″ screen.

Set SRT Mode : If not an SRT, and set ON, this will add the SRT splash screen and SRT menu items to the EVIC display in 2012-2014 Charger/300, and SRT Drive Modes to 2015-2016 Challenger/Charger Scat Pack (Enabling this on 2015-2016 Charger 3.6 or 5.7 will result in an airbag error light)

http://zautotech.com/docs/Tazer FAQs.pdf

Zautomotive Engineer replies in this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/Charger/comments/6sq0iy
Others with experience can add info

A Guy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Tazer can unlock SRT Drive modes including Track, Valet, ECO (2015-18 Scat Pack), enable factory Sport Mode (5 speed and 8 speed), SRT EVIC Performance pages, and SRT performance pages* in the Uconnect radio

*Uconnect performance pages on 8.4″ Uconnect only (2012-2014). EVIC SRT menu and Sport Mode are available on the 4.3″ screen.

Set SRT Mode : If not an SRT, and set ON, this will add the SRT splash screen and SRT menu items to the EVIC display in 2012-2014 Charger/300, and SRT Drive Modes to 2015-2016 Challenger/Charger Scat Pack (Enabling this on 2015-2016 Charger 3.6 or 5.7 will result in an airbag error light)

http://zautotech.com/docs/Tazer FAQs.pdf

Zautomotive Engineer replies in this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/Charger/comments/6sq0iy
Others with experience can add info

A Guy
I have 16 challenger a8 with the larger screen display (thinks its 8.4). Do I need the srt mode on in order to have the performance pages. I dont want the srt splash or airbag light.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Seems you could just give it a shot. No problem reversing the install if it happens. I too am looking at a Tazer for line lock and also to recalibrate my speedo for bigger tires, on my SRT, so don’t need much of the other stuff. Looks like they are out of stock currently though.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
424 Posts
I have 16 challenger a8 with the larger screen display (thinks its 8.4). Do I need the srt mode on in order to have the performance pages. I dont want the srt splash or airbag light.
SRT mode and Performance Pages are two separate things. Think of the SRT modes as stuff on top of the Performance Pages.

Be aware that if you car has ever had a UConnect account associated with it, you won't be able to have the Performance Pages display on the 8.4 screen. Somehow the UConnect account (expired or not) will turn them off.

Either way, you will get all the performance and timer screens on the instrument cluster. Those work without issue.

We have been working through how to get things like the Performance Pages and Launch control to work, give me a minute to grab some links for you to read.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
424 Posts

Lot's of reading there.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,865 Posts
If you want regular performance pages and you are only seeing it in the instrument panel then it means Uconnect has you in their system and is defeating PP. I don't use any apps that require 3G so I just pulled the celluar antenna at the back of the radio (need to install a resistor to stop getting 911 error) but I have PP for a couple of days now.

SRT on an RT does nothing special and most of the stuff does not work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts