Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Drove a ‘15 HC over 20,000 miles, got about 5500 on a ‘19 REWB, I enjoy hitting that gas pedal at any speed AND have hit it at 0-150 and not lost control. Going to go over to Road America this weekend and will slam that thing around for two days I hope, hitting that gas pedal for 5-6 sessions each day without losing control.

What do you have OP, and what have you done to ask the question? Let us know, I see your new.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
648 Posts
I consulted with Randy Probst, he said any speed. Richard Rawlings had a different opinion ;)

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
People have wrecked at stupid high speeds and survived while others wrecked at much lower speeds. It’s up the the driver, conditions and location.
My son did 187, was trying for 200 but backed off, in a Corvette on the interstate, why he shared that with me as he knows I’d blow a gasket, he also knows why he’s never had my car out alone. I need that car out of my name and off my insurance policy too. There are other people out on the road too, if you want to kill yourself fine but don’t take any innocents out with you.
We are not invincible, too easy to die these days as it is.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
People have wrecked at stupid high speeds and survived while others wrecked at much lower speeds. It’s up the the driver, conditions and location.
My son did 187, was trying for 200 but backed off, in a Corvette on the interstate, why he shared that with me as he knows I’d blow a gasket, he also knows why he’s never had my car out alone. I need that car out of my name and off my insurance policy too. There are other people out on the road too, if you want to kill yourself fine but don’t take any innocents out with you.
We are not invincible, too easy to die these days as it is.
Just to make sure nobody misunderstood my previous reply, the speeds I quoted over the legal limits have been done on closed track road courses. Yes, there is one or two in this land where a HC can break 160 mph every two minutes LEGALLY AND SAFELY!

·
Registered
619 Posts
It would all depend on your driving skills, road conditions, car set up and time of year. Hitting it on rain/ice and dry roads will give totally different results.
Spinning aint winning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts