Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard of tidal wave supercharger but i can’t find any for sale what is a reliable and a supercharger i could find for sale still ?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
If no one replies with a good source, check out the LXForums site or the ChargerForums site. There were a lot more 3.5L Chargers than Challengers, so lots more folks to know about s/c that engine

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here ya go. Tim has shut down his regular website and is only on social media (Facebook) now. He hasn't updated his FB page for a while either, and I've heard that he isn't doing the supercharger thing anymore. However, it wouldn't hurt to try to give him a call. If you don't have any luck, you may want to look for somebody selling a used 3.5 kit.

Tidalwave

·
Registered
966 Posts
Easiest way? IMO, BEST WAY?

I know this will generate some negative responses but I'll say it anyway......

Trade it!

In the end we all like to "wrench" for more power but the gains available are usually pretty small for a lot of dollars spent. On new cars most serious changes wipe out important warranty coverage and can put the engine at serious risk of failure. It's not like it was in years past when if you wanted REAL PERFORMANCE improvement of size you could do it relatively easily and inexpensively and the fact is you HAD TO DO IT yourself. I think of the late 1970s and 1980s cars with horrible performance mandated in emissions regulations that came faster than the car companies could figure out how to make power within the new rules. You as an owner weren't hobbled by the rules big gains at low cost and effort were EASY and Cheap. Today? Not-so-much. The engines are making good power from the start and from this starting point "more" is tougher to achieve without spending and making BIGGER changes,

If you're looking for more than a simple intake, headers and warranty busting tune can get you......

It's just easier and not really a whole lot more expensive to just trade and buy the power level you want in a Challenger. Today you can get just about all you could ever want or need. I mean who really needs or wants more than the 700- 800HP on the street in a RWD car that can't really put all that power down effectively on street tires anyway? Mid-level power at near 500HP and entry level V8 power at just shy of 400HP.

Can you build a 3.5 for more.....sure.......but the real question is should you?........or is a trade a better idea?

You want to be sure to work out the numbers before spending the cash.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Agree with above, best to trade it in for something with two more cylinders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts