Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 RT with the STP and have a budget of $6000 extra (car is paid off) to mod it to make it faster. I plan on driving this car on the street but eventually taking it to the track some. For now, I would just like to be able to smoke Mustang GTs. LOL

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
You are close to a blower, keep saving and do it right! :) Any other combo of mods and you should just upgrade to the SRT8.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Haha, that's what we all say to ourselves. But driving a Challenger right now is very satisfying! :)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Comp 274 cam, tune, intake, headers, exhaust, lowering springs, Cannonball Cobbs recommended brake upgrade and Mopar brushed aluminum shifter.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Tune (when available), full exhaust, 6.4 cam, heads, cold air intake (CAI) would be a good place to start. If you want to go factory/MOPAR you could wait for the Scat Pack Stage kits. They're are supposed to be coming out for the '14 models...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might not have to wait to long if I go the supercharger route (I'll talk wife into 'loaning' me the rest of the money) LOL. So, the question is what supercharger and what else do I have to add to make the supercharger work? Don't they have different superchargers for different psi outputs?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do I do about tuning the supercharged HEMI. I could order the supercharger next week, if I thought I could get the car tuned???

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
You can have the car tuned. It should come with a canned tune from the manufacturer. Boost is dictated by the size of the supercharger pulled, not the blower itself. Different types of blowers reflect the power delivery they give, not the boost they make.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Like I said in the earlier thread, supercharger is the way to go.
You will get a canned tune with the supercharger if you buy the kit.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am still trying to make up my mind about performance "looks"? I am not sure about 1)New School drifter look - with graphics OR
2)Old School Muscle look - blacked out????? BUT
I am sure of this: "I am going to SC the car soon and make it the most BA car in my little crappy town!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For now I am working on stripe look (color and style), finding a front splitter (that is not $600 Carbon Fiber) and rear diffuser, and buying the SC (if they data is out for the 2014 yr.?) and finding the tuner (think I found the tuner).....

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Black it out, you will thank me when the cops don't notice you...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL I am now old enough to have graduated with about 1/2 or the city and county police force Capt.s & Sgt.s !!! I hope "In my little crappy town" that I can talk my way out of a few tickets... Just kidding! Or am I???

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Blower...

Because CAM's may decrease your mileage and are more difficult too tune (blowers actually make you more efficient--providing you don't constantly "romp on it"). They also net way more power. The magnuson looks good on the motor (and you can get rid of that plastic cover).

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
LOL I am now old enough to have graduated with about 1/2 or the city and county police force Capt.s & Sgt.s !!! I hope "In my little crappy town" that I can talk my way out of a few tickets... Just kidding! Or am I???
Black it out, and then if you decide you want to do the other look, do it. That way it would be a blend of the two and be really unique.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts