• 2017+

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
It'll be the gov't and CAFE that kill it not FIAT. Fortunately GM and Ford will fight to keep newly introduced Camaros and Mustangs going and that will keep the Challenger afloat as it is a platform car and not as expensive to keep in the line as a dedicated factory car like the other two.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't think the Challenger is going anywhere anytime soon. The car has a presence. That being said, it will evolve... I read they will replace the hemi with the new pentastar engine.

Dodge is also waiting for other technologies to mature and implement them so I won't be surprised if they put some combination with electric motor, or even just fully electric at some point in future when the gas prices go ballistic.

Have you seen this:

The guy is talking about implementing the technology in other vehicles... no brainer.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would rather see the challenger die before it became a hybrid or electric car. Happy to have the companies building them. But save the eco crap for the main stream cars.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^
My Challenger is a hybrid. It burns oil and tires! :D

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i voted for 3 more years...

reasons:
CAFE
$5 gas will be back
they keep it around a few more years since they just invested so much in a redo
sales have been slowing...in 3 years they will have to redesign or kill it..they cant keep making the same exact car for more than 6 years..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts