Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ask because I am torn between pursuing a 2014 PCP Classic, or waiting to order a 2015 scat pack and hoping PCP or maybe Hemi Orange (not Header Orange) will be late introductions. If I hold out for the 2015 and there is no PCP, then I would choose between B5, white or granite, since I'm sure the 14 Classic would be long gone.

I really like the 2015 Scat Pack upgrades / facelift but the 14 PCP really has my attention. I would kick myself in the ass if I jump on the 14 and PCP is introduced in a later run of 2015s.

I'm really leaning towards wanting Plum Crazy as a high priority.

What are your predictions for other late availability colors, in particular PCP?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat. I am not rellllly keen on the 2015 colors and wheel choices - but "could" maybe live with them. But if I had a crystal ball and knew what 2015 would bring and it was something I would prefer more - I could wait.

What to do....what to do?????

JFF:D

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Sublime was talked about for a long time and was dangled in front of us by being on the paint chart last year. You can wait and the new model year comes and goes and a color doesn't appear on a car. If you want a plum car go buy it while you still can.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
If you're dead set on wanting a PCP AND being a 2015+ model and it never happens, your local body shop would be more than happy to paint. :) I know it's not the same as factory paint, but if you like the color that much, it may be worth it. You could always see if there is a vinyl color that is close to PCP and get a full vehicle wrap, much less permanent.

I do wish they had a better color selection, 2 whites, 2 reds, 2 blacks and 2 blues does seem kind of odd. I'm getting Bright White because white was not available when I got my B5. I love B5, but I don't feel like waiting for late availability and I need to switch it up.

·
Super Moderator
17,463 Posts
I ask because I am torn between pursuing a 2014 PCP Classic, or waiting to order a 2015 scat pack and hoping PCP or maybe Hemi Orange (not Header Orange) will be late introductions. If I hold out for the 2015 and there is no PCP, then I would choose between B5, white or granite, since I'm sure the 14 Classic would be long gone.

I really like the 2015 Scat Pack upgrades / facelift but the 14 PCP really has my attention. I would kick myself in the ass if I jump on the 14 and PCP is introduced in a later run of 2015s.

I'm really leaning towards wanting Plum Crazy as a high priority.

What are your predictions for other late availability colors, in particular PCP?
Its likely Hemi Orange and Plum Crazy will be offered over the remaining model years '16 / '17 of the "LA" chassis until the major re-style and rumored downsizing of the '18 body. (however that comes out to be...)

With two heritage colors (B5 Blue, Sublime Green) on the roster for '15, that's probably all we'll see for this year.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're dead set on wanting a PCP AND being a 2015+ model and it never happens, your local body shop would be more than happy to paint. :) I know it's not the same as factory paint, but if you like the color that much, it may be worth it. You could always see if there is a vinyl color that is close to PCP and get a full vehicle wrap, much less permanent.

I do wish they had a better color selection, 2 whites, 2 reds, 2 blacks and 2 blues does seem kind of odd. I'm getting Bright White because white was not available when I got my B5. I love B5, but I don't feel like waiting for late availability and I need to switch it up.
Not to mention silver and granite being shades oF gray, but I understand the popularity these days (I'm currently driving a silver Mustang). I mentioned White on my alternate list. If I go white I would consider getting Plum stripes, but that might not look right on a middle aged guys car

Its likely Hemi Orange and Plum Crazy will be offered over the remaining model years '16 / '17 of the "LA" chassis until the major re-style and rumored downsizing of the '18 body. (however that comes out to be...)

With two heritage colors (B5 Blue, Sublime Green) on the roster for '15, that's probably all we'll see for this year.
No way I want to wait beyond the 2015 MY. I almost wish the Scat Pack was beyond my budget, because the 392 vs Plum Crazy are pulling me in two opposite directions

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts

To change the cars color you'd need to disassemble the car including pulling the engine and all rubber body seals, it's a MAJOR job. You could never cover it all as the original color would appear in many places.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'd guess that the only way you'd see a color show up that isn't listed now is if there's a problem with it.

It happened in 2010 with the FF's. The plastic bumpers didn't match the the sheet metal and the delivery of 2010 FF's were pushed from June to October.

In it's place, they started a run of Hemi Orange Pearl. HO wasn't an available color for 2010... but backed into a corner, they did it. This was at the tail end of the PCP run.

Not to get your hopes up, but it has happened once and only once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts