Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Researching for a purchase, and it seems alot of folks drop rim size to 17". Why is that? Also which are the stickiest tires. I'm sure the answer to that is subjective. Curious what your opinions are.

·
Registered
196 Posts
by dropping the rim size to 17 inch you can gain sidewall width which helps absorb the shock to the tire when you launch the car. i also like the added effective gear ratio. with 275 40 17's on the rear my car goes through the traps at peak rpms.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by dropping the rim size to 17 inch you can gain sidewall width which helps absorb the shock to the tire when you launch the car. i also like the added effective gear ratio. with 275 40 17's on the rear my car goes through the traps at peak rpms.

Makes sense to me, thanks. I see you have slp roll control. Did you install that yourself? If so was it easy?

·
Registered
196 Posts
the roll control is pretty simple if you have basic auto skills. the hardest part for me was figureing out where i wanted to put the switch and then haveing the balls to drill a hole in my new car. lol. but then i am a a.s.e. master tech and work on others cars everyday so sometimes things seem simpler than they really are to other people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts