Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

Just bought a 2008 SRT8 6271/6400! Ok condition. No mods. But I found a knob under the dash which is labeled "Epicenter". What is this? Thinking its some type of boost for the stereo. There was nothing in the manuial. Or did I overlook it. Im going to try again. Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
It was likely added by the previous owner.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's a remote control bass or "gain" knob manufactured by audiocontrol and designed to work with thier brand of bass processor. Whoever owned the car before you probably had an aftermarket amplifier installed at one point and used that to control either a subwoofer or your midrange speakers. When they sold the vehicle they probably removed the processor (or some lot boy stole it after the car was traded in) and forgot to remove the knob itself...

At any rate, this is the piece you're missing...and if it is in your car (trunk, under a seat) just hook up an amplifier and you're ready to rock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, it has the knob under the dash but it does nothing when I move it back and forth. Has the woofer in the trunk but havent seen that "epicenter" tech box anywhere. Seems like some tweeker got it before sale as you said. Actually this stereo is friggin amazing. Dont know how it could get much better but maybe ill try that box later at a later date. Thanks again for the clarification guys and gals!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hmmm...double check behind the trunk panels and where the spare is...also, if the sub doesn't work, check the fuse by the battery. It should be a blade or barrel fuse depending on the size of the amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts