Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get out of the car walk towards my front door and see this thing stickin out. Dont know what it is, tried to pull it out and won't budge.What is that, is that supposed to be there?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whys it there? wasnt there before. Can i cut it off or something?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Have you detailed the car before. I've seen stickers like that on tires before they are mounted before but it would have been sticking out the whole time you had the car and if you detailed it you would have seen it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow, that rim looks all damaged right there too!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive detailed it a couple times and it was never there before, no damage, just funky light and i really need to clean it, feel bad for not doing it, but ive had the worst week of my life so far. So is it ok to just cut it out of there though?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Not a prob, is just a label from the bead of the tire.

Get an exacto knife with a new blade, take your time and simply remove it.

If you're really worried, run a bit of soapy water over the area to ensure no air leak, but I've seen these before- it's nothing, don't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Not a prob, is just a label from the bead of the tire.

Get an exacto knife with a new blade, take your time and simply remove it.

If you're really worried, run a bit of soapy water over the area to ensure no air leak, but I've seen these before- it's nothing, don't worry about it.
That's the label I was talking about but how did it slide out after mounted and not for a couple of months?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It was probably twisted during the mounting of the tire. The adhesive finally fatigued and the label popped off. It could also have popped off from spirited driving while the adhesive was fatiguing also.

Again- wouldn't worry about it. Zip it with an exacto knife and enjoy the holiday season.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
cut it off...not like it's a mattress tag. Don't EVER cut those things off

·
Registered
762 Posts
Did you ever have a bycicle and put a playing card attached with clothespin to the frame so the spokes would flap the card and sound like a motor? Well, there you go. You have started a new fad. I bet it sounds really cool riding down to the Malt shop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts