Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks ridiculous now, but that's the first thing we did to our cars back in the 70's. ;)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Ridiculous. But I think I've got that beat. Just the other day, I say this big burley dude driving his Challenger. It was a white Challenger and it had plastic roses either glued all over it or magnetically attached all over it. I have never seen anything like it. Tried to take a pic but he turned into a gas station just prior to the light we were coming up to. I'm serious, green stems with little red roses at the top glued all over the car! Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
Looks ridiculous now, but that's the first thing we did to our cars back in the 70's. ;)
LOL, I looked at it and thought, hey, that almost looks like my 1974 Challenger. I had E-60-14 on the front and G-60-14 on the rear. Just like music, all a matter of what was in vogue when you were younger. Youngin's think lowered vehicles look cool now. But that's the kind of stuff I laugh at.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Maybe a copper wil pull him over and tell him how bad that looks ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
This was our tire of choice back in the day.

..... Oh well, can't seem to to get the picture to load, but they were Mickey Thompson N50's.

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
This was our tire of choice back in the day.

..... Oh well, can't seem to to get the picture to load, but they were Mickey Thompson N50's.

I had those tires on a 62 Corvette N-50-15 but had the rear axles cut to fit them in where they belonged.
Way back in the mid 70’s, what a great memory.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Ridiculous. But I think I've got that beat. Just the other day, I say this big burley dude driving his Challenger. It was a white Challenger and it had plastic roses either glued all over it or magnetically attached all over it. I have never seen anything like it. Tried to take a pic but he turned into a gas station just prior to the light we were coming up to. I'm serious, green stems with little red roses at the top glued all over the car! Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Oh yeah, I just saw twice in two days. At the mall next to my house or there abouts, a red Challenger, blacked out windows, skinny tires, whisper quiet with a quarter panel all black vinyl with 3 like 2x4s projecting onto the doors. No discernable thing but when you get closer.......wait for it.....................it is badged as a Demon!!! Emblems all over!
I can not WAIT to run into this clown in the Star. (Highway Star) Then the fun will begin. I may just chase him down and have a little discussion. See I got ALL day! Hahaha!!! I'd rather be in that Challenger with the 50s than that thing any day!!! In a few months I have a feeling the "demon" owner would too. LOL!!! Oh the fun.......

·
Registered
716 Posts
Oh yeah, I just saw twice in two days. At the mall next to my house or there abouts, a red Challenger, blacked out windows, skinny tires, whisper quiet with a quarter panel all black vinyl with 3 like 2x4s projecting onto the doors. No discernable thing but when you get closer.......wait for it.....................it is badged as a Demon!!! Emblems all over!
I can not WAIT to run into this clown in the Star. (Highway Star) Then the fun will begin. I may just chase him down and have a little discussion. See I got ALL day! Hahaha!!! I'd rather be in that Challenger with the 50s than that thing any day!!! In a few months I have a feeling the "demon" owner would too. LOL!!! Oh the fun.......
That's too funny Silver Scat. I would feel like such a hammer head trying to put off my car as something that it isn't. And as far as the roses - now that I think about it - it was Valentines Day - I did not put that 2/2 together yesterday. So perhaps he did it for his wife?? Or his wife did it for him? Got to be the answer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There was a Challenger tooling around here for a while that looks just like that one, I would occasionally see it at the local Cars and Coffee events, but haven't seen it in months now and heard the owner sold it....I wonder if this is it? Anyway, it was always a car that I would snicker at. It truly looks like a Matchbox or Hotwheels car in person....oh well, if they like I love it!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
Sounds like one of my local Napa parts guy's challenger. He has a pre-2015 with SRT (base) hood and badged up as a hell cat. Reminds me of the days I would put a baseball card in the spokes of my BMX and called it my motocross dirt bike.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
636 Posts
Please tell me that photo depicted fresh macadam being rolled by a roller disguised to look like a Challenger.

·
Super Moderator
15,388 Posts
Not road legal with the tires not covered by the car body - imagine the people behind that get debris flung by the tires.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
That's too funny Silver Scat. I would feel like such a hammer head trying to put off my car as something that it isn't. And as far as the roses - now that I think about it - it was Valentines Day - I did not put that 2/2 together yesterday. So perhaps he did it for his wife?? Or his wife did it for him? Got to be the answer.

Yes there does. And I will figure it out. It isn't a lack of trying or money.......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts