Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing out my rear deck speakers and saw this what is it for?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,730 Posts
I was changing out my rear deck speakers and saw this what is it for?
That is for displaying the severed head of your most recently vanquished enemy. Just chop their head off (preferably after draining their blood, but it's your car, so whatever) and stick the neck stub through that hole in the back deck, then nail a board or something underneath (inside the trunk) to hold it straight up. PRESTO! Now you can look in the rear-view every time you have a bad day and think, "Yeah, but the good news is I still came out a head, right <name of severed head>?!?"

That's the intended purpose of that opening, but I have heard of some enterprising Challenger owners around here that have come up with unique uses for it that do not involve the various spoils they manage to capture in battle. One that I hear most often is mounting an 8" sub in that spot. Evidently the factory wiring harness even has a plug to power a sub if mounted there. However, if the car didn't come with a sub from the factory, it is my understanding that the factory wiring harness won't send any power or sound waves to anything plugged into the sub plug there.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
That hole is for the sub-woofer if your car came with the "sound group 2".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts