Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Just a quick question, I was getting ready to install a 'catch can' on the Challenger Sunday morning. Took the 'Shaker' off, which was not bad. Cleaned it all up. I guess the train my Challenger rode on from Brampton, went through a dust storm. but I digress,
see attached pic. What is the small box i have highlighted in red outline ? It has a small twist knob there on top that looks like you twist it counter clockwise that may release it to pull the top off.
It twist somewhat easy, but would not come off. I didn't force it.

Any ideas on what it maybe would be cool. I don't have a manual on the car yet. Is it like a factory installed 'catch can' ? Subject is 2019, 6.4 Scat Pack w/ Shaker.

Is that where you connect the new hose to the new catch can. It looked like that hose ran down to the air intake right before the intake manifold. I hesitated installing, so I took a few pics and put the 'Shaker' back on, with rubber grommets on the mounting bolts. I don't like metal against metal rubbing.

Other observation I don't thing the Petty enterprises brace will fit between the standard factory brace and the 'Shaker'. So I haven't ordered that either

One other observation , we took the Challenger out for a drive Saturday night, & wifee added some 'Widget's '. Those are so Cool ! Yeah we're just learning some features, it is a blast to drive!
565 miles so far. I need to get a VA state inspection sticker, annoying.

I appreciate it,
Have a good one !

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,409 Posts
Yup, PCV valve

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PCV valve

PCV valve. That's wild, I didn't recognize it. so that is the correct line that I add the catch can to ? I always thought pcv valves were little round things that had a hose to the top & a 'pebble' or something that rattled in it, and you replaced it (often) when your motor started sucking oil through it ?

You twist that top and you pull the PCV out of the box ? Its inside there, and I just leave it alone ?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
parrott

·
Registered
853 Posts
When you twist it it, it pulls straight out. The twist top is the valve itself. Replace it if it doesn’t rattle.

As for catch can routing, yes one line from the can goes to the valve and one to the port at the front of the manifold. You just remove that stock plastic line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Parrott_350

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I finally got the catch can mounted. Since I have the 'Shaker', I bolted the catch can at the next lower bolt hole location. Looks ok, I guess. Had to toss the braided hoses that I bought with the can. Way to short since I had to go lower with the mount. I am afraid to tighten the catch can mounting bolt, as it looks like it goes into the aluminum heads.? I had to make my own bushing spacer. I used grade eight washers.
I went and bought the half inch brass barbs for the hoses, some stainless hose clamps, & 12 feet of half inch hose. ( I have a lot left over)
That way I could cut to custom lengths and try to ease bends.

I may try to figure a way to move it to the sides or something. Its going to be a pain to empty anyhow.
I'll probably end up removing the top allen head bolt on the catch can 'z' bracket, to remove the can to empty.
Its low and you can't reach the can to twist it off to empty, all that well. I didn't torque the can down, so I hope maybe with a neoprene glove on I can twist it off,
I don't know. It didn't turn out like expected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts