Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2015 R/T plus a couple of months and I'm having to change the weatherstripping under the hood and the rivet gun wasn't being cooperative, so where one of the rivets fell down between the headlights and center of the car, I pulled the black plastic panel back and found this???

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
Apparently the previous owner put a (reproduction?) horn for an old Plymouth Road Runner in it.
That was actually a factory part.

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,471 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Odd thing to find, but that is a "meep meep" Roadrunner horn and they were indeed that color. I had a 1970 440+6 4 speed Roadrunner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently the previous owner put a (reproduction?) horn for an old Plymouth Road Runner in it.
That was actually a factory part.
I don't think its hooked up or I don't remember it Meep Meeping lol. We have to have our cars inspected in the communist state of Va., and if it did that, it probably would have failed 🤭

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
I put one of those for a 68 Roadrunner in my 75 charger. Little piece of trivia the horn was black in 68 and in 69 on up they were purple same as the graphics on the car in 68 for black and white and 69 they were in color because it took so long to get the rights from Warner Brothers to put bird on the car

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
I don't think its hooked up or I don't remember it Meep Meeping lol. We have to have our cars inspected in the communist state of Va., and if it did that, it probably would have failed 🤭
Hey, I just bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Chantily VA (Chantilly?) 2 Sundays ago, 10 hour trip. At least you are allowed to do that. In PA no car sales on Sundays. I felt like I was doing some black market deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put one of those for a 68 Roadrunner in my 75 charger. Little piece of trivia the horn was black in 68 and in 69 on up they were purple same as the graphics on the car in 68 for black and white and 69 they were in color because it took so long to get the rights from Warner Brothers to put bird on the car

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I guess I'll just leave it on. It has some rust, so I might sand it down a little and try to touch up the paint. Its kinda cool, so its a keeper. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I dont think thats a reproduction horn. Looks like a factory piece from back in the day. Look at the rivets and screws. Thats quality there. Id keep it on. Pull the other cover and see if the see if the second horn is like that also.
If you want it to function youll probably have to wire the ground. Cant tell from the pic if its a two wire horn or not. The '15 s two wires, ones a ground and other goes to relay.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,611 Posts
I had to laugh when I saw that, years ago my brother and I were at the big Carlisle Mopar show and someone had a bunch of the reproduction road runner horns for a good price. Well we ended up taking a bunch home and having nothing better to do we installed them on several of our cars, including a couple Dodge Darts, a Dodge truck and for a while my brothers 67 Chrysler New Yorker lol. That said we didn't put any in a modern Challenger so it wasn't us lol, but it looks like someone else must have had and extra meep meep horn laying around and decided to experiment.

Reactions: Unicorn
1 - 12 of 12 Posts