Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Black dodge challenger sxt 3.6 2016
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
Find this rubber thing under hood on passenger side, don't know where it came from, please help.

20200804_163734.jpg
20200804_163729.jpg

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,479 Posts
Looks like an elbow for a vacuum hose perhaps...

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,349 Posts
PCV hose looks like

what is the engine in the car?

·
Premium Member
7,349 Posts
the PCV valve is screwed into the rear of the passenger side valve cover, and there should be a hose running from it to the backside of the intake plenum. That piece you found looks like it is the piece that plugs onto the intake’s nipple for PVC inlet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the PCV valve is screwed into the rear of the passenger side valve cover, and there should be a hose running from it to the backside of the intake plenum. That piece you found looks like it is the piece that plugs onto the intake’s nipple for PVC inlet.
I give up for now, I looked everywhere but everything is in its place, probably will try to find sxt owner and look there, but thanks for helping

·
Premium Member
7,349 Posts
Go to post #14 in this thread: PCV Valve on 3.6

And look at the image attached to the post. The elbow labeled “2” in that sketch-up is what I am thinking your item might be.

It would be on the backside of the passenger valve cover on the engine. You will have to stand next to the hood strut and look back behind the engine just below the intake and on the valve cover. You should see a hose connecting them, and there is an elbow in it, or maybe not in your case, that’s what you are checking.

Reactions: Kira

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to post #14 in this thread: PCV Valve on 3.6

And look at the image attached to the post. The elbow labeled “2” in that sketch-up is what I am thinking your item might be.

It would be on the backside of the passenger valve cover on the engine. You will have to stand next to the hood strut and look back behind the engine just below the intake and on the valve cover. You should see a hose connecting them, and there is an elbow in it, or maybe not in your case, that’s what you are checking.
Oh thank you, will take a look tomorrow, please check the attached picture if you mean this elbow I have it on its place. By the way I found this thing just behind the washer reservoir, would be funny if it came there accidentally from car service...

2b7b249bf613ac22d62938dda3f75120.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,666 Posts
Both windshield washers work OK?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
7,349 Posts
Both windshield washers work OK?

A Guy
No, one of them quit and the other is quarantine I heard.

Nevertheless, I gotta say, having homeless guys smear gunk on my windshield with greasy rags every morning isnt all it’s cracked up to be.

I hope they take their time before returning to work on that corner....

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
2,248 Posts
I used to work at a dealer back in the day getting new cars serviced and ready for sale off the truck and occasionally I would find extra parts like that and other things , including tools,in engine compartments. Once found an extra frt. spoiler in the trunk of a Monte Carlo right off the truck.Just a thought, if everything is where it should be..

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
598 Posts
AC condensation drain?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,666 Posts
Reactions: Kira

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe that may be right, but not convinced that is from your car. See this

But the similar part from your 2016 doesn't look like it (very few actual pictures)

A Guy
It is should be located under car am I right?
This first looks almost the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe that may be right, but not convinced that is from your car. See this

But the similar part from your 2016 doesn't look like it (very few actual pictures)

A Guy
Ok, I checked and it's there, nothing missing. So probably this thing not from my car 😐
But, thank you all for helping! 😅

1 - 17 of 17 Posts