Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing some maintenance I came across this attached to my headlight but not connected to anything else.
Hood Automotive tire Gesture Finger Thumb

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,489 Posts
So the white plug was not plugged into anything?

How is the other end of the wires connected to the headlight housing? It is connected to the housing and not the headlight wiring harness, correct?

My first thought is it’s the power and signal wire for some kind of aftermarket lights, LEDs hover lights for example.

Reactions: Charles 236

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
858 Posts
Not a factory connector, definitely aftermarket. I wouldn't worry about it, but if it bothers you then you could trace it back to whatever it is attached to.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
509 Posts
Other than intake rings, they might have had hoop scoop lights. Some of those aftermarket ones tap into the headlight circuit as well. Or maybe grille lights.

I would say it is something they had and either sold before selling you the car for a little extra cash, or had on at some point and decided they did not like them. Looks like you can get lighted grille inserts too like Chevrolet's glowtie.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the wire with the white clip was just laying there beside the plug for the block heater the other end goes in to the headlight housing and from there I don't know where it went. I don't have delighted rings or at least I don't think I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts