Votes: 673 12.5%

• Total voters
1161 - 1180 of 1258 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
657 Posts
56 now and still refusing to grow up!

Here is a poll for you: How many of you are over 50 and still willing to drive over 140 mph?

I'm 74 and yes...and up until 2 years ago I was driving a Super/Comp dragster quite a few mph's over that 140...

So that would be 1 ...

·
Registered
313 Posts
56 now and still refusing to grow up!
My 68 Camaro was fast but mechanically unsound...
My 79 Bandit Trans Am was faster still and cursed....
My 2011 Mustang GT could fry asphalt but couldn't outrun all the idiots who liked to hit it.......
My 2016 Scat Pack has finally brought nirvana into my life!

Here is a poll for you: How many of you are over 50 and still willing to drive over 140 mph?
Been to 145.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am 75 & really enjoying my F8 Green R/T Scat Pack. This is the best car I have ever owned. However, I am not willing to drive anywhere near 140 mph. as there really isn't a safe place to do this except on a track. I just enjoy cruising and going entering car shows and going to cars & coffee events with my Challenger and 69 Charger which is F5 green.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,679 Posts
I've done 70 2 times in a row

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
In ALL honesty. The car seems to come into it's own at 70 mph on the highway. A whole different car, makes you smile and want to get into it. SOOOO much fun!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
657 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
So, I just bought this vehicle (almost new) and one of the things I appreciate are the performance pages because I am able to see what the original owner was up to. According to the "Best" numbers someone did 1/4 in 12.6 at 110. Not only that, but the top speed indicator shows 175 mph!!! Holy crap!

I can appreciate not having the room to run. I live in Texas and had my last Challenger for 2 years before I finally had the room, weather, opportunity and motivation to open it up. If this one goes 175... probably never happen.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,679 Posts
Generally speaking, that top speed if from their testing gauges at the factory. Doubt your car ever went 175 ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Generally speaking, that top speed if from their testing gauges at the factory. Doubt your car ever went 175 ;)

A Guy
Jeez, Guy – way to pop my balloon! Here I was, thinking I had a 175 mph car… Well, maybe I do? I recall seeing elsewhere in this forum where someone in Germany had his up to 181. Maybe he was modded, though. If I ever find myself having to cross the Bonneville Salt Flats I’ll be sure to find out how fast it goes and report back.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Jeez, Guy – way to pop my balloon! Here I was, thinking I had a 175 mph car… Well, maybe I do? I recall seeing elsewhere in this forum where someone in Germany had his up to 181. Maybe he was modded, though. If I ever find myself having to cross the Bonneville Salt Flats I’ll be sure to find out how fast it goes and report back.
Don't fret, your car DOES go 180+. If you got a mile or so....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,679 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
921 Posts
I only got to 158mph on the Autobahn. I know I posted about it before, but that was back in 2014, the last time I was stationed in Germany. I’d have to dig thru and find the photo of the Top Speed. I haven’t tried doing anything over 115 mph yet this time. I usually have the family with me when I’m on the Autobahn. I’m also concerned about the scoop on the Speedlogix hood. I just don’t want it to rip off. I don’t think it would happen, but.... I would like to test the splitter I got from Luke @ SWM though. The last time I was here(Germany) anything over 130 and the front of the car felt like it was floating. So I got the splitter, because I knew I was getting stationed in Germany again, to see if it would do anything. I really need to test it and report back. Just been super busy at work.

By the way my age is 36 for a few more months and I hit 18 years of service next Saturday. Still doing the crazy yet fun stuff. Even though the body hurts more now a days. A photo of the pass after my jump, while walking off the DZ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Hit 65 today. 62 days until retirement! :)

Jumped out of bed, and drove the living heck out of the Scat Pack. Had a great little cruise and then washed all the bugs and juice off of it.

Doing it again tomorrow for a short road trip, and then Monday...……..heading to the Rockies with my son. Getting older ain't bad at all.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,679 Posts
Happy Birthday! You don't look 65 :D

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
23 and almost 24. First time in Dodge and so thankfully it's a Challenger. I have a feeling this will be a car I keep until I'm old or obsessively trade in for the newer and better. Havent decided how broke I want to be yet hahaha.

1161 - 1180 of 1258 Posts